Residency Renewal while abroad

Feb 7, 2007
Medical and residency card same day? IMPOSSIBLE.

It took mine 16 days total from the moment of documents upload to payment button made available, I paid next day and went for medical, then it was 9 days after medical for the website status to show "processing" again and then about 4 days later it gave me the appointment. The appointment date was for aperiod of 7 days later after the date the appointment was shown on the website.

I was out of country already at the time the appointment date was made available, so I rejected apointment and put note I would be flying in on the 12/JAN. Got apointment for 17/JAN - 1 pm. There were as many as 3 people in the Migracion waiting hall and about 2 more came after me. Was in and out in about 30 minutes.

I paid no fee for rejected apointment, but I paid 1000 fee/fine for cedula past-one-month-expiration.

Whole process 16 + 1 + 9 + 4 + 7 = 37 days for complete process from upload to appointment date/carnet printing. In my case it was +20 days as I was out of country for the initial appointment date.

Practically the same timeline as @CFA123, though your mileage may vary.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
So we've decided to do this on our own without the lawyer we've used over the past few years. I contacted her to get the username/password that she used to setup our accounts on the immigration website. She's not being forthcoming. Is there a way I can get new accounts setup or does she have us over a barrel? I tried the website and it said our passport numbers were already registered.

So we've decided to do this on our own without the lawyer we've used over the past few years. I contacted her to get the username/password that she used to setup our accounts on the immigration website. She's not being forthcoming. Is there a way I can get new accounts setup or does she have us over a barrel? I tried the website and it said our passport numbers were already registered.
I think you can reset the password, I did for my lawyer and sent him the info but if it’s in her email maybe more difficult.
Lawyers in this Country....

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
So I'm kinda screwed here. My old lawyer insists she doesn't have the account password nor access to the email account that was used to set it up. She claims she used a temporary email account. I think it's just classic Dominican bull****.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I spoke with my renewal assistant this morning. She informs me that the chances of getting an appoint at DGM in SD, at least for me and my process within the next 15 days is remote.