Residency renewal

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I believe that somewhere on DR1 there is an example of the letter you have to send with your application for Temporary Residency renewal, but I can't find it. Does anyone have an example or know where I can find it? Thanks.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I believe that somewhere on DR1 there is an example of the letter you have to send with your application for Temporary Residency renewal, but I can't find it. Does anyone have an example or know where I can find it? Thanks.

Here is the one that I used that is based on the one I think you are referring to that was originally posted by Expat-In-Cabarete:

Estimado Director General de Migracion:

Por medio de esta carta, yo, (full name), de nacionalidad de (country), residente de (city),

Jubilado/Pensionado(or other as applicable), pone a su consideracion mi (primera, 2nd, 3rd, as

applies) renovacion de mi Residencia Temporal RT-9(or type as applies)
Numero #(de Residencia), fecha de expiracion - dd/mm/yyyy.

Muy Atentamente,

Full Name(and signed)

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Here is the one that I used that is based on the one I think you are referring to that was originally posted by Expat-In-Cabarete:

Estimado Director General de Migracion:

Por medio de esta carta, yo, (full name), de nacionalidad de (country), residente de (city),

Jubilado/Pensionado(or other as applicable), pone a su consideracion mi (primera, 2nd, 3rd, as

applies) renovacion de mi Residencia Temporal RT-9(or type as applies)
Numero #(de Residencia), fecha de expiracion - dd/mm/yyyy.

Muy Atentamente,

Full Name(and signed)

Thank you very much.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Temp to first permanent requires medical, right?

According to the requisitos, it does.

Also, and what I didnt realise, is also requires a letter, in advance, to director of DGM, asking to change to permanent.
At least thhats what theu told me at DGM a month ago, when I asked last month ( trying to get a grip on the process for next year ).
I had just assumed it was an automatic process.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
According to the requisitos, it does.

Also, and what I didnt realise, is also requires a letter, in advance, to director of DGM, asking to change to permanent.
At least thhats what theu told me at DGM a month ago, when I asked last month ( trying to get a grip on the process for next year ).
I had just assumed it was an automatic process.
That's what I had to do to change from permanent to definitiva.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

storo01

Feb 3, 2018
Can anyone advise? A dominican woman, returned to the DR from Florida after being married and living there for 2 years. She lost her residency card although she has a photo of it on her phone. She is Trying to get back into U.S. now. What is the process for getting back to the states?

Sep 4, 2012
The next stop must be a Police Report followed by a visit to the consulate section of the US Embassy. Once the person is matched/verified as a green card holder a letter could then be drawn from the consulate for travels back to US.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I just renewed my Temporary Residency yesterday and would add a couple of points to malco's excellent advice (which I printed and used as a guide) in posts #14 -18.

1. He says they do not ask for the 2 X 2 photos when you are at the DGM. They did in my case.
2. When I handed over my original documents they wanted a folder to put them in. I only had the one which contained everything from document copies, malco's instructions, map of how to get there and hotel info in case it was required, so all my remaining papers ended up in a mess in my bag. Take a spare folder.
3. Malco says you may have to wait up to an hour to make your payment at DGM. I was still waiting after two hours, so I went and made a nuisance of myself at the window and my payment was miraculously accepted.
4. I think I may have gone at a particularly busy time, because the whole process from arrival at DGM to leaving the JCE took me six hours (rather than Malco's three). However, that's still a lot better than last time. Everybody arrives early in the morning, but by the afternoon it is quiet. I think next year I may arrive at lunch time and plan to stay overnight (in case it's necessary) and enjoy the colonial zone in the evening.
5. Talking of lunch time, don't forget to bring something to eat if you are used to eating lunch. I nearly passed out from starvation as I didn't bring anything and was scared to leave the room unless I missed my name being called.

The only other thing I would add is that when getting the documents together to upload in the first place, I went to Patria in Puerto Plata (the nearest one for me) to get the repatriation insurance and was disappointed to find that I would have to return the next day to get the documents.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
We just started the process to renew our Residencia Permanente (RP-1) card. Any information would be greatly appreciated. They expire March 31 and the website has allowed us in today and the wife is working on it.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I got that. Any other advice? We picked up the info sheet at the DGM office in PC but it's not very clear as to what to do. We have scanned all the documents and it would only upload a few today.
Just wondering if any one else has had this experience doing PR-1 cards.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I'm using a lawyer - so can't help too much in that area.

All my stuff is in and ready for a March 2 start.
I just missed the 10 yr renewal.... not eligible yet...
the 'definitiva' if you can get it

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I just renewed my Temporary Residency yesterday and would add a couple of points to malco's excellent advice (which I printed and used as a guide) in posts #14 -18.

1. He says they do not ask for the 2 X 2 photos when you are at the DGM. They did in my case.
2. When I handed over my original documents they wanted a folder to put them in. I only had the one which contained everything from document copies, malco's instructions, map of how to get there and hotel info in case it was required, so all my remaining papers ended up in a mess in my bag. Take a spare folder.
3. Malco says you may have to wait up to an hour to make your payment at DGM. I was still waiting after two hours, so I went and made a nuisance of myself at the window and my payment was miraculously accepted.
4. I think I may have gone at a particularly busy time, because the whole process from arrival at DGM to leaving the JCE took me six hours (rather than Malco's three). However, that's still a lot better than last time. Everybody arrives early in the morning, but by the afternoon it is quiet. I think next year I may arrive at lunch time and plan to stay overnight (in case it's necessary) and enjoy the colonial zone in the evening.
5. Talking of lunch time, don't forget to bring something to eat if you are used to eating lunch. I nearly passed out from starvation as I didn't bring anything and was scared to leave the room unless I missed my name being called.

The only other thing I would add is that when getting the documents together to upload in the first place, I went to Patria in Puerto Plata (the nearest one for me) to get the repatriation insurance and was disappointed to find that I would have to return the next day to get the documents.

Six hours - pure, unmitigated torture! It's always baffled me, too, how long you have to wait from submitting the papers to just paying.

It seems like 3 hours is pretty average for time spent spinning your wheels in DGM. I wonder if there have been any reports from people who have submitted their paperwork first in Pto. Plata saving some time wasted waiting in DGM?

I think you might have a good plan there. I always spend the night in SD anyway. Maybe next time I'll show up at DGM early afternoon(like you said, it's usually slower)then, and just plan on the fact that I might have to finish the process the next day(?).

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
New Procedure For Obtaining Carta de Buena Conducta?

Went online last night to the Procurdaria General website to get a Carta de Buena Conducta. The part of the site for printing it out didn't seem to be working, so I took my Banreservas receipt to the Drivers License office in Puerto Plata hoping they could print it out there.

They sent me to the Fiscalia in the Palacio de Justicia. Their entire system was down, so I asked how I could print it out at home because I had problems doing that the night before. I was told that you are no longer able to print out your own - you must take your receipt to a Fiscalia to do so.

One step forward - one step back.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
New Procedure For Obtaining Carta de Buena Conducta?

Went online last night to the Procurdaria General website to get a Carta de Buena Conducta. The part of the site for printing it out didn't seem to be working, so I took my Banreservas receipt to the Drivers License office in Puerto Plata hoping they could print it out there.

They sent me to the Fiscalia in the Palacio de Justicia. Their entire system was down, so I asked how I could print it out at home because I had problems doing that the night before. I was told that you are no longer able to print out your own - you must take your receipt to a Fiscalia to do so.

One step forward - one step back.
Just to confirm, is this the website where you went? portal.servicios.pgr.gob.do
I just logged into my account without a problem but didnt do the whole process since I dont need it right now...

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Just to confirm, is this the website where you went? portal.servicios.pgr.gob.do
I just logged into my account without a problem but didnt do the whole process since I dont need it right now...

Yes, that's the one. It wouldn't let me register(?). I completed all the info and when I clicked "Submit" all I got was a blank page(?).

Two different women at the Fiscalia in the Palacio de Justicia told me that it was no longer possible to print out your own Carta de B.C. Makes no sense to me.

A lot of time wasted going to Pto. P. to try and get my Drivers Permit. I have to go back and pick it up whenever they get their system running. I got their number. I'm calling before I go this time and make sure it's there!

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Yes, that's the one. It wouldn't let me register(?). I completed all the info and when I clicked "Submit" all I got was a blank page(?).

Two different women at the Fiscalia in the Palacio de Justicia told me that it was no longer possible to print out your own Carta de B.C. Makes no sense to me.

A lot of time wasted going to Pto. P. to try and get my Drivers Permit. I have to go back and pick it up whenever they get their system running. I got their number. I'm calling before I go this time and make sure it's there!

Puerto plata is a sh.it hole when it comes to stuff like that. Even when the system is working, you have to come back in tne afternoon, the next day, etc..... to pick up the Buena conducto.
Santiago, is walk in, walk out, 5mn, at the palacio de justicia.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Puerto plata is a sh.it hole when it comes to stuff like that. Even when the system is working, you have to come back in tne afternoon, the next day, etc..... to pick up the Buena conducto.
Santiago, is walk in, walk out, 5mn, at the palacio de justicia.

Sosua is always easy, too. The only reason I was there was because you can no longer print it out on line and it's right around the block from the drivers license office. Didn't have any other option at that point.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Sosua is always easy, too. The only reason I was there was because you can no longer print it out on line and it's right around the block from the drivers license office. Didn't have any other option at that point.

Yeah, i feel you...... first time i did my dr DL, i did the same. Like " hey its right next door, that will be quick.."....not........ never again.....lol.