restaurants with interesting veg

N

naturelover

where can one find a restaurant that uses interesting local veg in sosua /cabarete.....the nearest ive found to anything unusual was at las canas and that was only squashes lol

Can someone ask Baileys to change their menu once in a while...im too frightened of the waiters

N

naturelover

ones that you see in the markets that i dont know the names of lol

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
ones that you see in the markets that i dont know the names of lol

You would probably need to go to a Dominicano Restaurante. The only ones I know of would be in Los Charimocos (sp). I don't believe there are any in the El Batey section of Sosua.

N

naturelover

dont you think its strange they dont have dominican food in the tourist area...also they dont have much fruit in the tourist restaurants..... and why do so many not have orange juice ...is that enough questions

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
how many tourists you think ask in those restaurants for dominican food?
they offer the food stuff their customers ask for. tourist rest for a big steak, dominican comedor for rice, beans, chicken, chuleta and dominican fruits aso
bon apetit
Mike

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
dont you think its strange they dont have dominican food in the tourist area...
As mentioned above, very few people ask for or want it.
Furthermore, if you are going to observe the higher gringo standards of supplies that you find in the tourist restaurants, as opposed to the Dominican comedors, then you'd price yourself out of the market, serving Dom food.
also they dont have much fruit in the tourist restaurants.....
I don't know where you come from that you get fruit in restaurants.
Where I come from, we get them in the supermarkets.
Other than a morning fruit plate, I can't imagine which fruits you're expecting to find.
and why do so many not have orange juice ...
If you mean true natural fresh pressed orange juice, it can't be done on a year round basis, so the restaurants buy the juice in a carton.

N

naturelover

49948212.30.jpg
erm any ideas what this is ...lol

N

naturelover

i think i consider myself told off...i wont ask any more questions

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
...also they dont have much fruit in the tourist restaurants..... and why do so many not have orange juice ...is that enough questions

This is the opposite on the South Coast. In Santo Domingo and Boca chica you can always find a vendor with a cart selling fresh fruit. Fresh squeezed juices are also very easy to find, especially orange and pineapple juice.

In Sosua there is fresh fruit cart located in front of the bank near Hotel Europa. He is generally there in the mornings. Around noon he takes his cart back to his house to become a motoconcho driver.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
This is the opposite on the South Coast. In Santo Domingo and Boca chica you can always find a vendor with a cart selling fresh fruit. Fresh squeezed juices are also very easy to find, especially orange and pineapple juice.

In Sosua there is fresh fruit cart located in front of the bank near Hotel Europa. He is generally there in the mornings. Around noon he takes his cart back to his house to become a motoconcho driver.
The bigger the town or city, the greater likelihood of finding those carts, but rarely do they have true natural fruit juice.
They almost always buy the cheapest fruits that are rather sour, and they have to add sugar.
Of course, the OP's question was about restaurants serving OJ, and they would have difficulty getting sweet oranges all year round, so either they will serve the cheap stuff with added sugar or OJ from a carton.