Restrict new Driver License to 25 and older

Should the legal age to drive in the DR be 25 years old?

• Restrict it to commute to and from work only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
We all know the leading cause of deaths in the under the age of 25 population is accidents.

Therefore to reduce these deaths and that of others involved in these mostly immature crashes, do you think 🤔 placing a new age requirement of 25 or older to obtain a new driver license is the way to go in the DR?

Please vote with your selection here and let us know why you voted so.

🚙 💨

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I cast the other vote of daytime driving only for 25 and under. I'm not sure why. I have an employee who is 29 and still has his "racing" motorcycle which is on it's last legs.

Reactions: Africaida

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
I voted no for somewhat the same reason as Nan. This is akin to stupid laws in other countries that restrict smoking drinking etc to
the age of 21 an over. We can send you to war at the age of 18 but god forbid you a beer. In the DR 90 percent or a little less are moto accidents. so maybe you should start there with making sure that moto riders are subject to the same laws as others, with heavy enforcement of current traffic laws. but to make it a blanket age is not only stupid it's counter productive.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I voted no for somewhat the same reason as Nan. This is akin to stupid laws in other countries that restrict smoking drinking etc to
the age of 21 an over. We can send you to war at the age of 18 but god forbid you a beer. In the DR 90 percent or a little less are moto accidents. so maybe you should start there with making sure that moto riders are subject to the same laws as others, with heavy enforcement of current traffic laws. but to make it a blanket age is not only stupid it's counter productive.
I think they should tax the living daylight out of motorcycles on a yearly basis. Confiscate any motorcycle that doesn't have the taxes, marbete or insurance paid. Send them back to China as scrap.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
They all have the God given right to invincibility with the simple use of their horns as they fly between cars.

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
Since when is a license required for motorcycles here? I know that they are available, but who without a car has one? These kids have never had a lesson in rules of the road, right of way, none of the basics.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I voted "no" because I think 25 is just too old. Do any countries have such an old starting age? People should have a responsible job by that time. And anyway, it would probably just be ignored - especially for motos, hardly any of whose drivers have licences anyway as stated above.. I often see boys who look about 12 driving motos.

Better to have more enforcement to stop bad driving and illegal bikes, not just cash grabs for missing helmets and papers.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
How about permenetly seizing motos if the driver doesn't have a license. Let the government sell the bikes to be parted out.
Same for violations of helmet laws or running red lights intentionally

• Love
Reactions: JD Jones