Retirement in the DR

B

batich

I will never spend in DR more than 7-8 months a year. To buy quality things,to eat quality food from time to time, to have quality health care - you need to be in US on regular basis. For medical or dental check-ups including.

And also I will always live close to major airports so that if I have any medical emergency- in several hours I am in the office of my family doctor in NY or Clearwater.

But as soon as the medical thing is done - to go back to Sosua full speed. As long periods without sex are very bad for man`s health too.

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I do not know about these things as the reason I am here is sort of fuzzy in my memory from 40+years ago.
Had something to do with a girl, farming, making a fortune....somehow the girl worked out, but the fortune and farming were kinda busts...

But, I guess I came here for different reasons...in the first place.

If I were to retire with a "reasonable income" I might look elsewhere, depending on my requirements. As it is, I can't think of any place better than here. Golf, things to do-in the community, huge family, excellent food and drink on hand, fine medical care just around the corner and Yoshi (bull mastiff type) to keep me company!!

Can the OP find this? I doubt it, unless he follows Grahame's wise guidelines.

Of course, I have never, ever, thought of myself as an "ex-pat" ....he!!, I didn't even know that I was "latino" until the 70s....so I do think kinda funny...I suppose

HB, sort of rambling, doncha think??

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
.... I didn't even know that I was "latino" until the 70s....so I do think kinda funny...I suppose

HB, sort of rambling, doncha think??
True,.......... VERY true. But you ramble like you play golf - in between the few meandering shots there are a hell of a lot of good shots plus a whole LOAD of entertaining & informative anecdotes!! :cheeky: ;) :ninja: ~ Grahame.