Retiring to DR...Lots of Questions...

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
maybe

I don't know if this helps but if you live in the Dr for 6 months and 1 day you don't have to pay any state taxes in the US. However if you live in Fla. there's no state tax anyway.

but it depends on where your income is derived.

roches

Jun 5, 2007
Hi Cris,

I think you had me pegged...I'm a rose-colored glasses girl, but not to a fault...not only in how I view the DR...but life in general...I can assure you that our value systems are very different, and the things for which I'm searching, my be right in front of you, but because you don't have "my" glasses...you just can't see them...

I appreciate your opinion, and the information you have provided...

Malaka

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Roches/Malaka,
I like your attitude. You'll be just fine in Jarabocoa. Go for it and you'll probably never look back.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Socio-Romantic Dreamers

.... and if that means that the lights go out from time to time...and I have to bathe in the river because the waters not running so be it...I'm that girl ;)
.... Sunsets and sunrises will do it for me.

All right.
Noted down.

Let's talk again once you've done it for a few years....

m'frog

roches

Jun 5, 2007

Sunsets anywhere for me will do :cheeky:...I have a relative in Samana, and I'm trying to find out which airport is most economical for me and family (when visiting) to fly into...Santo Domingo seems to be best, and then Caribe Tours to Jarabacoa...

I have to wonder why some of you even live in the DR if you are so disenchanted with the area :ermm:

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Paradise Lost

...I have a relative in Samana, and I'm trying to find out which airport is most economical for me and family (when visiting) to fly into...Santo Domingo seems to be best, and then Caribe Tours to Jarabacoa...
Well, Jarabacoa is far from Saman?.
For Saman? the new El Catey airport would be nearest.

I have to wonder why some of you even live in the DR if you are so disenchanted with the area :ermm:
Disenchanted is not such a wrong term altogether... ;)

When I came here more than eleven years ago the living conditions were much different then.
If I recall correctly you'll be experiencing the DR not sooner than in a five years time...
Who knows whether then it will still be a place called 'paradise' by many.

m'frog

Last edited: