Return Ticket 1 year away

Sloan

Banned
May 4, 2023
Miami
I have never had to play that card.

Another one rides the BUS
I think the system All Airlines have access to and that they can confirm “e-confirmations” is strictly for airlines tickets worldwide NOT a local independent bus company ,

But am on your side , I think you have a great idea and the only way it won’t work it’s cause the airlines will NOT accept it , even thought you are 100% correct and the airlines it’s breaking in my opinion the rules by not accepting it …

So you saying it has work for you ? This work in the past ?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The bus company gives you a e-ticket confirmation the same as with a plane ticket. I was asked if I ever did it (as if everyone has to prove what they say is a fact up in here).

If I got any push back from a gate agent I would push it up the ladder. The burden proof is on them that my form of transportation is invalid. They do not get to choose how I leave the country. I could get on a cruise ship if I wanted.
"Up the ladder". While you wait for the CEO to come down the ladder your plane will be "Up in the Air" without you................

Reactions: jd426

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The wording that has stuck in my mind from reviewing airline requirements is, "proof of onward travel". I don't think many if any airline sites say "Return airline ticket."

Bus ticket to Haiti, ferry ticket to Puerto Rico, cruise ticket should all be acceptable.

Reactions: RustyT

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Yes

I can provided the information on the Bus compnay have previously purchased a ticket from before.
I welcome suggestions on how I can prove to you that it works. Just let me know what proof you are looking for.
Wouldn't I have to provide "my proof" to the airline I am flying with at the ticket counter upon check in and at immigration upon arrival at SDQ?View attachment 9466
I do not believe it will work but if you say it does. I worked for the airlines and as far as I know a bus ticket is not going to work. I do know that onward travel on a cruise works, but the cruise line gives you documents to present to the airlines. For example, a transatlantic cruise. Flying one way to Barcelona from Miami then taking a cruise back to Miami. Again, bus ticket to Haiti, I do not see it working. And yes, they do get to decide if your method of return is valid in their opinion. They (airlines) are the ones who decide whether you can get on the airplane. You may want to read the "contract of carriage" with the airlines.

Last edited:
Reactions: SKY

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
Airlines can dictate to you how you leave the country of your destination?
Yes, they can, they have the final say on whether you have provided sufficient proof that you have meet the requirements (if needed). In other words, it is up to them whether you get on the airplane or not.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Blue Collar Town in New Jersey
" Can Airlines "dictate" how you leave the Country"

Yes, they most certainly can , and they can even use this Rule to their Advantage.
I dont know what part is not clear to some people here who are just giving BAD Advice about how to circumvent this requirement.
The Refundable return is a legit way to comply.

even better
The Capt can even make the call if you somehow slipped by the Gate and the Boarding Process,, and they have a Full Price Standby Customer who desperately needs to get on that plane. They can then scan the Logs for a one way Traveler.
You are then made a fool of in front of everyone.
If this is your Idea of traveling?
then have at it ..

• Haha
Reactions: Sloan

Sloan

Banned
May 4, 2023
Miami
The Captain can remove you from a flight for any reason whatsoever without an explanation.
ChatGPT must be slipping during this technical glitch.:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: STI_JFK

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Blue Collar Town in New Jersey
The Captain can remove you from a flight for any reason whatsoever without an explanation.
ChatGPT must be slipping during this technical glitch.:ROFLMAO:
Even more reason to NOT do it then ,. No ?
I guess you answered your own Question.

Not sure what is so humorous about gambling with the Mood of Your vacation, but my peace of mind is worth a lot more than this.

• Haha

Sloan

Banned
May 4, 2023
Miami
I have never had a question about it. So I don't know who you are talking to or about.

I live my life on vacation. Free to move about the world at will. I have bigger things to worry about than catching a flight. Would not let raise my blood pressure one bit. I keep things in perpective.

I am at peace with myself and all others - Sloan

Reactions: STI_JFK

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
I have never had a question about it. So I don't know who you are talking to or about.

I live my life on vacation. Free to move about the world at will. I have bigger things to worry about than catching a flight. Would not let raise my blood pressure one bit. I keep things in perpective.

I am at peace with myself and all others - Sloan
You remind me of a former DR1 member who was banned.

STI_JFK

Banned
Jul 7, 2024
Dominican Republic
You remind me of a former DR1 member who was banned.
Keep coming Again ? Jajajaj 🤦‍♂️

This is the third DR1 member in less than a week you make the Same exact weird comment/Reply ⬆️ Including Me , Sloan , and I forgot the other New member also , …. Is this like an inside joke or what ? …

SLOAN I think your idea of buying a Haití bus ticket is a good one ,A great loophole to avoid buying expensive plane tickets … I love it , BUT the airlines will probably Break protocol and NOT accept it , even thought it will be on my opinion ilegal for them NOT to accept it …. But like I said nice loophole

• Love

keepcoming

May 25, 2011

This is the third DR1 member in less than a week you make the Same exact weird comment/Reply ⬆️ Including Me , Sloan , and I forgot the other New member also , …. Is this like an inside joke or what ? …

SLOAN I think your idea of buying a Haití bus ticket is a good one ,A great loophole to avoid buying expensive plane tickets … I love it , BUT the airlines will probably Break protocol and NOT accept it , even thought it will be on my opinion ilegal for them NOT to accept it …. But like I said nice loophole
I know it is funny how some come back under another name isn't? But yet their previous persona stays the same. Inside joke...lol, no.

STI_JFK

Banned
Jul 7, 2024
Dominican Republic
I know it is funny how some come back under another name isn't? But yet their previous persona stays the same. Inside joke...lol, no.

Ohhh now am getting the joke I think … so you think Sloan , the other new guy and me and god knows who else are part of a big conspiracy to infiltrate DR1 and in reality all 3+ of us are the same person ? 🤦‍♂️ am so confused

Dude stay off the weed ….

• Love

Sloan

Banned
May 4, 2023
Miami

Thank you my man.

STI_JFK I gues one of us is replying to ourselves. :ROFLMAO:

It is pure speculation (about me and my plan) if it work or not by everyone involved. I actually do not remember if I had to use it before. Bouncing back and forth so many times and on so many airlines, slips my mind. But the Bus Company is real and has regularly scheduled routes and the ticket could be verified directly with bus company if the airline wanted to do so,

I'd let them explain it to my attorney if I was denied. Airlines keep funds to pay settlements on cases when they 🤬 up.

STI_JFK

Banned
Jul 7, 2024
Dominican Republic
Thank you my man.

STI_JFK I gues one of us is replying to ourselves. :ROFLMAO:

It is pure speculation (about me and my plan) if it work or not by everyone involved. I actually do not remember if I had to use it before. Bouncing back and forth so many times and on so many airlines, slips my mind. But the Bus Company is real and has a regularly scheduled routes and the ticket could be verified directly with bus company if the airline wanted to do so,

I'd let them explain it to my attorney if I was denied. Airlines keep funds to pay settlements on cases when they 🤬 up.
Good thinking

• Love

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
. :ROFLMAO:

It is pure speculation (about me and my plan) if it work or not by everyone involved. I actually do not remember if I had to use it before. Bouncing back and forth so many times and on so many airlines, slips my mind. But the Bus Company is real and has regularly scheduled routes and the ticket could be verified directly with bus company if the airline wanted to do so,

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
Ohhh now am getting the joke I think … so you think Sloan , the other new guy and me and god knows who else are part of a big conspiracy to infiltrate DR1 and in reality all 3+ of us are the same person ? 🤦‍♂️ am so confused

Dude stay off the weed ….
First, I am not a dude, second no I do not think you are Sloan. If you are who you say you are then don't worry, right? Moving on as this thread is about RT for airline travel.