returning to usa

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
in returning to usa a negative test is required . is that the pcr testing or is another test needed? also within 3 days if traveling on the 25th do i have to get test done on the 22nd ?
i know there has been a lot of posting on this but am just making sure as i am going out of puerto plata

in returning to usa a negative test is required . is that the pcr testing or is another test needed? also within 3 days if traveling on the 25th do i have to get test done on the 22nd ?
i know there has been a lot of posting on this but am just making sure as i am going out of puerto plata
No, all that the U.S. requires is the Nasal Antigen test. You can take the test anytime inside the 3 day window. Be careful not to wait too long, some have had bad experiences getting results back before flights. We took ours in April just inside the window of our scheduled flight to ensure we had the results. We are not procrastinators when it comes to compliance though. Safe Travels

chicagoan14

Apr 2, 2019
I ended up going to a smaller clinic because they returned my results in hours. Amadita's window put me too close to my departure even though it would probably be emailed a lot sooner.

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
No, all that the U.S. requires is the Nasal Antigen test. You can take the test anytime inside the 3 day window. Be careful not to wait too long, some have had bad experiences getting results back before flights. We took ours in April just inside the window of our scheduled flight to ensure we had the results. We are not procrastinators when it comes to compliance though. Safe Travels
i took one of them a while ago and it took days to get the results . is it quicker here now?

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
CMC, 4400 pesos, results in 3 hours. There are cheaper. This is fast.
in cabarete and the lab quoted 3 2800 pesos i guess i need to check how long the results. has anybody dne it a puertoplata airport?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Cabrera- 3,000 pesos, results in 30-40 minutes

Nasal type or blood....
Just did it Saturday for a Monday flight

i took one of them a while ago and it took days to get the results . is it quicker here now?
We went to an accredited lab, (Laboratorio Villavicencio in Bavaro) took about 15-20 min to get swabbed and about an hour later we had the actual form and the information for website access to our results. Only 2000k DOP each person. It sounds like you probably had the PCR test and that test takes a lot longer to get results and costs are way more expensive.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
To repeat, the USA requires only the simpler, cheaper and faster Antigen test.

The PCR test is not required to enter the USA, but will also work but it costs more and takes longer meaning it may not be available in time for your flight.

Some labs were saying they were giving a PCR Antigen test, which might mislead some people.

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
To repeat, the USA requires only the simpler, cheaper and faster Antigen test.

The PCR test is not required to enter the USA, but will also work but it costs more and takes longer meaning it may not be available in time for your flight.

Some labs were saying they were giving a PCR Antigen test, which might mislead some people.
hey windy thanks for info . was gonna go to the lab by ocean dream 1 and they quoted 2800 pesos . sounds right?

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
There's a lab in Sosua behind where the Orange shop used to be. No lines (when my son went) and results in one hour. I'm going there rather than going anywhere near CMC or a hospital. Good luck and safe travels.

Status
Not open for further replies.