Review of Outback Santo Domingo

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The best Dominican made steak comes from…

If you click on "productos" and then on "Leer más" you can see the various cuts this meat comes in. The website is in Spanish only, but 99.9% of the buyers of this meat are Dominicans too, so...

Other than that, the best steaks in the DR comes at a premium since they are imported from the USA and Argentina. If it comes from Dominican cows and it isn't Brangus, well it's a steak but...

Reactions: cavok

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
Applebees worse…we had the Applebee “experience” in Blue Mall Punta Cana until they suddenly closed…

Yes!…that Applebees was bad … really bad…put us off going to Applebees in the US. There was a thread here about why American food franchises fail in DR…so nuff said about that .

So.. back to steak . We don’t go to Outback in DR for steak ….same as we wouldn’t go to any Dominican restaurant in the US unless it was highly recommended by our Dominican friends . Good steak ? ….Fogo de Chao🇧🇷 …all day every day .

Good steak in DR ? Find a good Argentinian Parilla 🇦🇷…with little or no tourists…Our local parilla is excellent…outdoor restaurant…family friendly…usually very busy …

The differences ? 🇦🇷 v 🇺🇸 ? 1.The quality and the cuts ( ask for (imported) lomo, entraña, churrasco or bife ancho 🤤🤤🤤) …2. Argentinian approach to cooking meat …. an asado grill built into brick or ceramic….rather than metal ….. results in such flavorful and tender steak. 🤤🤤🤤🍖🥩🍗…

Reactions: westcan

Big

Apr 24, 2019
There is a point in a man's life where he will not enter an Applebee's, Outback or TGIF. My time was shortly after I stopped buying a hotdog at the gas station while filling up my car. But that is me. I still can't get my mind around the "all you can eat buffets", and don't get me started on the two pounds of rice some of these place's slop down on a plastic plate, encouraging diabetes.

Reactions: Facepalm Supreme

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
For the record, the two Applebees in Santo Domingo are still open.

Reactions: JD Jones