Review on Sunscape?

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I hated Barcelo.
I would never, ever go even they gave me the room away.
But without knowing this fully I had reserved a room based on new name and price.
And now that I was going tomorrow, I had looked into it further. And wouldn't you know, it's Barcelo.
Now I was going to go though cancellation but before I go though that is there any real review of "New Barcelo?"
Since it was sold and had gone though renovation(hopefully) is everything better?

Picture looks nice but it would be nice if there's a table we can eat at reasonable time and less day pass users.

Jan 9, 2004
I hated Barcelo.
I would never, ever go even they gave me the room away.
But without knowing this fully I had reserved a room based on new name and price.
And now that I was going tomorrow, I had looked into it further. And wouldn't you know, it's Barcelo.
Now I was going to go though cancellation but before I go though that is there any real review of "New Barcelo?"
Since it was sold and had gone though renovation(hopefully) is everything better?

Picture looks nice but it would be nice if there's a table we can eat at reasonable time and less day pass users.

Renovations are still ongoing at Sunscape,..stopped by last week....while in PP.....stayed at the Iberostar.

Personally, the Iberostar seems to be the best run if you are choosing between Be Live, VH Gran Ventana, Riu.

Sunscape has definitely put some spit and polish on the old Barcelo......just not sure that the food, etc., has changed.

If you go, please post your experience.

Respectfully
Playacaribe2

Jan 7, 2016
I know the old Barcelo in Bavaro is completely nuked...major re-contruction is going-on. Scheduled to re-open for operations sometime in December of this year, and I think it will take them AT LEAST that long to complete the re-do. Anything will be better than the old one.