revista

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
Really? I was thinking that it's impossible to unglue it from the glass without damaging the sticker. Thanks!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i never observed how theydo it, but i changed broken windshileds twice here and both times(once in Higuey and once in Bavaro) they said "no problem with the stickers" and when i came back to get my car the stickers been perfectly fine and undamaged on the new windshield.

Mike

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
When do you think the revista will be available? I already had my marbete done but my wife is always on my ass about revista. I always tell her that it is okay as long as we have paid receipt in the car but she is a type of person that get convinced easily. Last time she took her time looking for one for weeks/months and got it done with somebody's "help" about week before I was able to get one through my employee. She wouldn't say but that "help" sounded too expensive.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I checked today with an auto dealer in Higuey about the new Revista. He said there are none in Higuey now. He always knows where to get one when they have it.

Just got my Mabarete at La National across from Playero. There were about 12 people in line ahead of me and it took about 30 min. I only needed a copy of my Matricula, they didn't ask for ID or anything else.

I will get my Revista from the guy who hangs outside Janet's when he starts selling them. Costs $400-500 pesos if I remember correctly?

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Just got my Mabarete at La National across from Playero. There were about 12 people in line ahead of me and it took about 30 min. I only needed a copy of my Matricula, they didn't ask for ID or anything else.

I will get my Revista from the guy who hangs outside Janet's when he starts selling them. Costs $400-500 pesos if I remember correctly?

I'm getting mine tomorrow here in Bavaro.. What is the revista? I thought I only needed the marbete the one that says 2014

I'm getting mine tomorrow here in Bavaro.. What is the revista? I thought I only needed the marbete the one that says 2014

Revista you need as well even though I don't have one on our new car as there were no stickers when I bought it in June. No one seems to care about it when they pull me over. I don't know when the stickers will be available? You pay the tax at banco reserves (45 pesos) and then go to some govt place so they check your car over to see if lights work etc. but I don't bother with all that when it is way easier to just get it from the guy selling the stickers.

I don't think there is an office in PC or Bavaro so you have to go somewhere else
To get it.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
It seems to me that the marbete is the more important one which I renew each year for my 2002 Mitsubishi L200 and I go to the small El Nacional bank across the road from Playero in Sosua to do it.

The revista is a whole different ballgame and I paid the huge fee (!) of 45 pesos at Ban Reservas last year but have never obtained the sticker....I did try though and went to the place where they do the driving licences in POP but seems that the office is closed at 1 pm and I was there at 1.20 pm.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun

dont forget to still pay the 45 pesos at BR, and the month marked on your Revista in the windshield has to be the month shown on your receipt, because the date of your BR payment is what is shown in the system. if it doiesnt match means toi the AMET guy that you did some nasty fraudulent stuff and he gets money. if you dont pay the 45 pesos at BR and just hang a revista from the street in the windshield, then you are not in the system.
hey, til to date i never ever saw any AMET who stopped me that he typed anything in any computer to check whats in their system, to date they ask for papers, i show them drivers license, cedula, insurance card and copy of matricula, all in one pack readily together in the purse as usual, they take a very shgort climpse and 15 seconds later i am on my way. of course before they stop you they take a glimpse on the windshield to seee if the newest stickers are present there.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Revista you need as well even though I don't have one on our new car as there were no stickers when I bought it in June. No one seems to care about it when they pull me over. I don't know when the stickers will be available? You pay the tax at banco reserves (45 pesos) and then go to some govt place so they check your car over to see if lights work etc. but I don't bother with all that when it is way easier to just get it from the guy selling the stickers.

I don't think there is an office in PC or Bavaro so you have to go somewhere else
To get it.

nothing in Bavaro, it is in Higuey. i didnt bother to visit their place since many many many years. pay 45 pesos at BR, by sticker on the street, pin the same month on the sticker as shown on the 45 pesos receipt, all is fine. what they are looking out for at the beginning of january is the new Placa/Marbete sticker in the windshield, who does not have it will be stopped at every checkpoint of Amet and get a fine.

Mike

KATIEJAY

Aug 20, 2007

Well the Revista itself is 45 pesos at BanReservas..so this guy does well!!

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
just hang a revista from the street in the windshield
Fake Revista from the street has some differences and can be clearly identified as fake without any computers. It's better to have no Revista than fake Revista, less problems. In Santo Domingo, if they stop you and see that Revista is fake, they sometimes want to confiscate the car, that happened to my Dominican (not expat) friend once.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I got my marbete and quickly stuck it in the window. The other day I looked and noticed that I stuck it on the part of the windshield with the dark tint stripe. I can see myself getting stopped a few times so they can have a closer look.....stupid me

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Is it only national that you can get the marbete or is it also available at banco reserves? I looked for the national at plaza mayoral in bavaro today but couldn't find it. Thanks.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Is it only national that you can get the marbete or is it also available at banco reserves? I looked for the national at plaza mayoral in bavaro today but couldn't find it. Thanks.

You cannot get it at BR. But in Bavaro to the right looking at the Car Wash in Fruisa across from the Texaco Station is a small Plaza with a Drug Store on the corner. In the back facing you is a small bank of sorts. You can get the Marbete there with no wait at all. Just bring a copy of your Matricula.