revista

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
You cannot get it at BR. But in Bavaro to the right looking at the Car Wash in Fruisa across from the Texaco Station is a small Plaza with a Drug Store on the corner. In the back facing you is a small bank of sorts. You can get the Marbete there with no wait at all. Just bring a copy of your Matricula.

The Credit Union? It's in the back. Is that the plaza you mean? I've been there many times. Thanks Sky.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
The Credit Union? It's in the back. Is that the plaza you mean? I've been there many times. Thanks Sky.

yes, the credit union at Plaza Larimar, right aside Dede?o's computershop.
for the people closer to Veron than Bavaro, the bank(darn, forgot the name) across the street from the Shell Gas Station at the Veron Maincrossing, they sell them, too. thats where i got mine for the 2nd year in a row, no lines to wait for.

Mike

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
I got my marbete and quickly stuck it in the window. The other day I looked and noticed that I stuck it on the part of the windshield with the dark tint stripe. I can see myself getting stopped a few times so they can have a closer look.....stupid me

I did exactly the same thing :)

Though mine is at least green and just about visible

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Yes, that is the one.

Just got it an hour ago... The bank teller lady calls an automated number and punches in the code and then gave me the sticker. It helped I had the 2013 one. The new one they issued me says 2014-2015 and is slightly larger than 2013 one. Saved me allot of time when SKY told me where to go. No line up at all and pretty girl teller. :knockedou

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Just for clarification. What does the "ownership paper look like for the car"?. Is it a white piece of paper 8x11? Or once you have the marbete is that needed also. I think I handed the teller the white piece of paper and she never returned that. She gave me the new marbete but not the white piece of paper back it was stapled too. Sheesh. :cry:

The ownership paper that you gave the teller should be a copy of your matricula which is a yellowish color in its original state. It is recommended not to leave the original Matricula in your vehicle, you should only have a copy.

You bring the copy of the matricula to the bank to give it to the teller for the marbarete. If you got it back that would be a problem! Lol

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
The ownership paper that you gave the teller should be a copy of your matricula which is a yellowish color in its original state. It is recommended not to leave the original Matricula in your vehicle, you should only have a copy.

You bring the copy of the matricula to the bank to give it to the teller for the marbarete. If you got it back that would be a problem! Lol

What is a matricula? I went back and she made me a copy of the paper she kept. I have the new marbete now in the windshield. But have no idea what you are both talking about? Lol. The marbete is a metallic decal. And I kept the outer part after I peeled the marbete piece off. Hope I got it all correct.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
What is a matricula? I went back and she made me a copy of the paper she kept. I have the new marbete now in the windshield. But have no idea what you are both talking about? Lol. The marbete is a metallic decal. And I kept the outer part after I peeled the marbete piece off. Hope I got it all correct.

Matricula is what they call your registration in the US, it's proof you own the car. You sign it over when you sell, which is why you never keep the original in the car.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Let me try again. What size is the matricula? Is it an 8x11. Or is it a small ownership paper like we have in canada and the USA? Photo would be helpful. Does it have the car owners name on it. Anyone have a photo? Thanks for all help.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Matricula translates to registration in English. It shows the name of the owner and the details of the vehicle.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
contango, if you own a car means you know what a matricula is and have one, or how would you own a car if its papers are not in your name? to get the sticker at the bank you gave the lady a copy of your Matricula, otherwise no sticker.
it was You who asked what the ownership paper looks like, hence we told ya.

Mike

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
contango, if you own a car means you know what a matricula is and have one, or how would you own a car if its papers are not in your name? to get the sticker at the bank you gave the lady a copy of your Matricula, otherwise no sticker.
it was You who asked what the ownership paper looks like, hence we told ya.

Mike

My 2013 marbete the decal sleeve was stapled to a white photo copy of I guess is considered the matricula. I can't find the original. I'm not sure the dealer gave it to me. I wanted to know what the ORIGINAL one looks like. Is it yellow? I don't have one. Yes I own the car and the sales invoice and insurance all in my name. But I can't find the orginal matricula and it's a new car. I'll just go back to the dealer and say where the fuc is it? Thanks.

My 2013 marbete the decal sleeve was stapled to a white photo copy of I guess is considered the matricula. I can't find the original. I'm not sure the dealer gave it to me. I wanted to know what the ORIGINAL one looks like. Is it yellow? I don't have one.

Yes it is yellow!

Does the photocopy thing you gave to the bank have your name on it or
someone else's?

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
if the photocopy shows your name as the owner, then you have no hassles to get a new original in case of loss. you just pay the Fees for that. if it shows a different name as the owner, then i hope for you that it is the exactly same written name as the name on your contract, the seller named in the contract, then also no problem to get a original in case of loss. if your car is brand new and from a dealer, hey, time to make some noise there to get your matricula done in your name and handed over to you, as thats usually part of the deal and already paid for by you when you purchased your car.
as Harley said above, the Original is yellowish.
if you only have that one copy which was attached to the 2013 receipt, do more copies. do Not give your dealer or anybody else your last copy.
in case you already did that mistake(no kidding, i did that once myself, original been lost in outer space), then you can request a copy from your insurance, as you had to leave a copy with them. thats how i did get a copy of mine again, and with that copy i got a new original.

Mike

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Mike how did you get a new original with the copy you got from the insurance, where did you take it? Thanks.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
it was brought to the Rentas Internas office in Higuey. that was some years ago, i would assume todays that is the new location of the DGII offices near Iberia in Higuey. i did not bring it myself, a friend who works for a lawyer did it. during the process he brought me a paper to sign and a new matricula been issued. the over all process too a while as i was not pushing on t or such, i had no hurry. if i remember correctly i had the new original after a couple weeks. maybe i goes much quicker, at that time i was not often in higuey, so i did not ask if it was finished earlier. cant tell how much it costed, memory on the case fades, lol.
so is your car brand new from a dealer or a used one from a dealer? where did you buy it(i am on the east, in punta cana area).

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
if you are here in my area, i can do a phonecall and ask the actual specifics for here. or i give you the number of a trustworthy friend who works with such things, but you have to speak spanish with him, no english spoken.

Mike