revista

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
it was brought to the Rentas Internas office in Higuey. that was some years ago, i would assume todays that is the new location of the DGII offices near Iberia in Higuey. i did not bring it myself, a friend who works for a lawyer did it. during the process he brought me a paper to sign and a new matricula been issued. the over all process too a while as i was not pushing on t or such, i had no hurry. if i remember correctly i had the new original after a couple weeks. maybe i goes much quicker, at that time i was not often in higuey, so i did not ask if it was finished earlier. cant tell how much it costed, memory on the case fades, lol.
so is your car brand new from a dealer or a used one from a dealer? where did you buy it(i am on the east, in punta cana area).

Mike

I bought it new at montilla motors in Veron. I waited three months for the licence plate. I went and got the plate from montilla three weeks ago and they gave me a 2013 marbete stapled to the white photo copy which I think had my name on it?? Today I got the 2014 marbete but the photo copy of the white piece of paper they gave me back has montilla motors listed as the owner.
Something is mixed up here? I trust montilla, but I'm quite sure they never gave me the orginal matricula.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I bought it new at montilla motors in Veron. I waited three months for the licence plate. I went and got the plate from montilla three weeks ago and they gave me a 2013 marbete stapled to the white photo copy which I think had my name on it?? Today I got the 2014 marbete but the photo copy of the white piece of paper they gave me back has montilla motors listed as the owner.
Something is mixed up here? I trust montilla, but I'm quite sure they never gave me the orginal matricula.

Did you pay cash for the car, or do you have a loan you're paying?

If you paid cash/in full, Montilla has some explaining to do.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Is it possible the girl at the bank put the car back into montilla's name by accident and this is why the NEW photocopy has them listed as the owner. I'm going to montilla in the morning and see if they have my matricula

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Montilla is reputable, they are a old business family from Higuey.
a girl in a bank can not change names on the Matricula/Car Papers. car papers can only be issued by the particular office of Rentas Internas, which is in Higuey. it is the car dealer doing the paperwork for their client to get the papers of a new and paid for car in the customer's name and hand the customer the original papers over.
yes, speak to Montilla's office first. if they handed you the papers over they may have a copy of your Matricula on their files, as todays all that stuff is stored in computers, so even if they gave you the original and you lost it, they would print you a copy and from there on proceed for a new original. how, that depends who's name is shown on the paper as the owner. as you have a contract about the purchase it will not be a problem either way.

Mike

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Montilla is reputable, they are a old business family from Higuey.
a girl in a bank can not change names on the Matricula/Car Papers. car papers can only be issued by the particular office of Rentas Internas, which is in Higuey. it is the car dealer doing the paperwork for their client to get the papers of a new and paid for car in the customer's name and hand the customer the original papers over.
yes, speak to Montilla's office first. if they handed you the papers over they may have a copy of your Matricula on their files, as todays all that stuff is stored in computers, so even if they gave you the original and you lost it, they would print you a copy and from there on proceed for a new original. how, that depends who's name is shown on the paper as the owner. as you have a contract about the purchase it will not be a problem either way.

Mike

Once I get a copy of the matricula in MY NAME from montilla should I go back to the bank and ask the girl to change the marbete into my name, or just leave it? I'm assuming she will have to issue me a new marbete. This could get complicated.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
no, yoy dont need a new Marbete. it doesn't matter in who's name the Marbete is issued, important is the correct Car Plate number on the Marbete, it has to be the same license plate number as on the license plate mounted on the "behind" of the car, lol.
the important thing to do for you is to get the original car papers/Matricula issued/handed over with your name printed on them, as without that original document you would not really be the owner of your car, you could not sell the car, at least not hassle free.
your sticker on the windshiled, thats fine as it is, no further action needed til end of the next year for the next one.
sounds like you really liked the Girl at the bank, will have to take a look next time at the computer shop right aside that bank, lol

Mike

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
no, yoy dont need a new Marbete. it doesn't matter in who's name the Marbete is issued, important is the correct Car Plate number on the Marbete, it has to be the same license plate number as on the license plate mounted on the "behind" of the car, lol.
the important thing to do for you is to get the original car papers/Matricula issued/handed over with your name printed on them, as without that original document you would not really be the owner of your car, you could not sell the car, at least not hassle free.
your sticker on the windshiled, thats fine as it is, no further action needed til end of the next year for the next one.
sounds like you really liked the Girl at the bank, will have to take a look next time at the computer shop right aside that bank, lol

Mike

Thanks Mike.. Your wisdom is priceless. Cheers!

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
OP, Sorry for High jacking your thread..

UPDATE:

Went to Montilla early this morning, and they acknowledged I do not have the "Matricula".. The original is still in Santo Domingo motors.. They assured me they will get it, and also had me sign a form ahead of time for the ministry so they can transfer the ownership into my name.. They were very helpful, but if I hadn't read this thread and asked the questions, and when Harley posted "Matricula"? I may have never known.. The Car came from Santo Domingo motors without all of the papers, Montilla does most of the servicing for folks who bought their cars from that Dealership for Bavaro/Veron area.. Montilla is almost like a sister dealership for Santo Domingo motors...

Lastly the marbete I got yesterday, matches the PLACA, so that's all good.. Happy weekend everyone!! :)

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Santo Domingo: I completed the process yesterday without a hitch - Savings&Loan in zona colonial to pay the $1200 annual fee (my vehicle is 2001) then on to Banco Reservas to pay the $45 pesos for a new Revista. Then off to Ave Tiradentes (Quisqueya Ball park) with the receipt for the revista along with a copy of the matricula...they barely even looked at my vehicle, took the paper work and stuck the new revista sticker on my windshield....done

The above post suggests that now you have to go to an AMET office with your 45rd receipt to get your revista..........so that they can check that your vehicle is roadworthy.........after all that is the reason for this document/sticker..........it's the equivalent of a MOT in the UK.

I recall reading something in Dominican Today earlier this year suggesting all cars need checking for road worthiness in future.

Am I thinking correct.......can somebody shed some light on this

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
If I recall rightly, one had to take his car to be inspected last year before they issued the revista.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
since ever all cars had by law to go to the different places where they get inspected(pay 45 pesos on bank first, then go there). that place for the East is in Higuey, always long lines, mostly no stickers available, been over the many years a big joke, hence people paid their 45 pesos on the bank and bought a sticker somewhere on the road, filled in the details on the lil paper and placed the sticker on the windshield.
itwould be very helpful and logic to do so at the many available AMET offices, to get the car inspected an dthe sticker right there, but til now i did not hear about that.
i will place a call right now to a friend who usually is in the know about that stuff.

Mike

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
Went to the place in Rio San Juan (N coast) that issues revistas and they also had no stickers,- they said they would have them on january 15th. They said in the meantime to keep our 45RD receipt in the car.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd...._=1426556085_3e4edd62ec461ae37ff2190fa153275f

btw, on the right top of the photo, thats the new Placa, the one you need to renew before years end.

here's a closer look for more details of a Revista Sticker
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd...._=1426036433_6dfd39319cf16fe28ea523354ad5c891

what cant be seen on the photos due the shining of the sun, all those stickers show in the middle, on the white space, handwritten, the License Plate Number of the Car they been issued for. thats the same for Revistas and Placas alike.

shipping address for the Sixer, Presidente Light in Cans please:
Mike Fisher
Villa Guadaloupe
Cabeza de Toro
Higuey/Altagracia

if your delivery boy arrives the next couple hours, nobody answers the door. just walk around the building, you are then right on the beach, i am the good looking 50 myears young Kid sitting under his beloved thached Beach Roof playing with DR1'ers on his smartphone, while watching a gorgeous 4 years old having fun feeding the Sharks in the water.

needless to mention that those Cans better arrive quick and perfectly cold, around here Delivery Boys get shoit for much less than serving warm Prezzies.

cheers

Mike

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Ha !! So Mike has a 6 pack and a case of wine coming along......
Good going !!