Road rage, a valuable lesson learned.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I understand you completely, but I bet to you that if that animal knew that you were armed before, he wouldn't come out of his car as a lion and start yelling and threatening you,
Agreed, but Beeza's decision to avoid the confrontation,is definitely the wisest move.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Thanks Rocky.

Wow thirteen thousand posts! You certainly are a veteran in these parts aren't you?:glasses:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rocky - quote.....They don't have an actual job description, but they are taught that it matters not what they do, as long as they look good doing it.

Folowing on from that - if anything should happen to me, an independent "tourist" i.e.without the services of a holiday representative, and I need police assistance on one of my visits ....
....... do I go to Politur or the "normal" police?
:ermm:

Rio
Calling your mamma would be a better choice.

All kidding aside, whichever one is closer.
Have tip money ready in your pocket.
Never let them see the whole wad.
When I go to the cop shop, I have my 50 pesos pocket, my 100 pesos pocket and my 500 pesos pocket, to suit all needs.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Calling your mamma would be a better choice.

All kidding aside, whichever one is closer.
Have tip money ready in your pocket.
Never let them see the whole wad.
When I go to the cop shop, I have my 50 pesos pocket, my 100 pesos pocket and my 500 pesos pocket, to suit all needs.

Not sure she would hear me from where she is!

Yes - I always "tip" - I have used the "normal" police in the past when living there but I wondered if it changed when you are living outside the country?

Thanks Rocky - as always!

;)

Rio

p.s - desperately trying not to make a joke using this......

You certainly are a veteran in these parts aren't you?

Last edited:

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Rocky,
that's been a perfect politur job description, yeap.
also agree on the tip money ready for all needs,
and of course it doesn't matter hwich part of the PN you call for some 'help'.
Beeza did absolutely the right thing not to heat up more than the situation anyways been. if the agressor knows you are armed would in many cases mean he will not leave his car and confront you straight on, i also could mean that he and some other drunks with him in his car pull their guns and start shooting your way while driving away. not worth the risk.
like all over the globe here are also several low-brainers on the streets who do not think about to get caught by the cops or killed by somebody who defends himself, they just react in their 'macho' way in a occuring situation.
of course they would cry loud out afterwards in case you defend yourself and one of them get shot/dead, each of them would bring his whole family to get the gringo who shot their innocent friend.
and to carry a gun would never defend you in case something come's to the shooting point, that would only be done by your own mind ready to kill the agressor without thinking too long about pulling/using your gun.
but who's really that heroe shooter shown in films every day, but barely seen on the streets.
vere ever possible go a faaar way around such trouble.
mike

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
also agree on the tip money ready for all needs,
and of course it doesn't matter which part of the PN you call for some 'help'.
Beeza did absolutely the right thing not to heat up more than the situation anyways been. if the agressor knows you are armed would in many cases mean he will not leave his car and confront you straight on, it also could mean that he and some other drunks with him in his car pull their guns and start shooting your way while driving away. not worth the risk.
like all over the globe here are also several low-brainers on the streets who do not think about to get caught by the cops or killed by somebody who defends himself, they just react in their 'macho' way in an occuring situation.
of course they would cry loud out afterwards in case you defend yourself and one of them get shot/dead, each of them would bring his whole family to get the gringo who shot their innocent friend.
and to carry a gun would never defend you in case something come's to the shooting point, that would only be done by your own mind ready to kill the agressor without thinking too long about pulling/using your gun.
but who's really that hero shooter shown in films every day, but barely seen on the streets.
whereever possible go as far way around such trouble.
mike

Staying alive, by Mike Fisher.

Words of wisdom to be remembered forever.
No it ain't pretty English, but it's the perfect summary.

Bravo Mike.