Robbed in Cabarete.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I totally agree, thats what matter at the end we didnt get hurt ....

But after that i passed like one week with sleeping problems, thinking that maybe the people in the street might were involved, and putting my pepper spray under my pillow .... totally paranoid =X
That's normal and it's what keeps you alive, your instinct for survival.
Having your pepper spray handy isn't a bad idea.
You never know when it might save you.

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
The broken sliding door locks and things like this aren't always noticed especially for people renting hotel rooms and villas. This is why when you get to a hotel or villa your renting or even in your own home you should check thoroughly all the doors and windows and make sure the locks work properly.

I have rented a villa that had a lock on a balcony that looked like it worked fine but it actually never locked. I thought to myself this is kind of strange unless someone planned on coming inside this way without a key. Sure it could have been coincidental but probably wasn't. Most people wouldn't notice something like this they lock a door or window or don't check the ones they won't be using and this type of thing gets overlooked.

Check all the window and door locks in your hotel, villa , etc on a regular basis.

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
10 RDS Alarm System

....But after that i passed like one week with sleeping problems, thinking that maybe the people in the street might were involved, and putting my pepper spray under my pillow .... totally paranoid =X

I can very well understand that.
Such an intrusion on one's privacy is quite disturbing and always leaves some worries.

BTW, I know of a very inexpensive 10.- RD$ alarm device... ;) most likely you know it, too. :bunny:

Janin

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Anywhere.

Take 8 or 10 Peso coins and balance them on your door knob...

The device is triggered very easily, works without batteries, makes sufficient noice and you always get back what you paid for it... :laugh:

m'frog
(sitting in for Janin)

THAT IS A BRILLIANT LOW-TECH IDEA!!

No matter where you are in the world there is usually pocket change! Also will work with the newer latch type handles in newer hotels....anyone pushing the outside handle trips the interior as well!

Safe travels!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
how about a machete swinging in the dark towards the door when the burgular trips the wire ? or a board with nails in it placed on the floor in front of the door or window ? or we could do the shotgun pointed at the door activated with a string attached to the door knob ?

just pm me for a claymore mine :laugh:

A

apostropheman

an empty beer bottle balanced on the door knob will do in a pinch too :)
Anywhere.

Take 8 or 10 Peso coins and balance them on your door knob...

The device is triggered very easily, works without batteries, makes sufficient noice and you always get back what you paid for it... :laugh:

m'frog
(sitting in for Janin)

Status
Not open for further replies.