Rocky's Annual 4th of July BBQ Bonanza !

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
....so what are we celebrating here - is it the British getting rid of the Americans or the other way round tee hee

Don't blame the Americans.

The British should have put instructions on the "Tea Bags" not to use salt water!

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
doesnt it make you want to dance lol

Cartoon_cheerleader.gif

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Don't blame the Americans.

The British should have put instructions on the "Tea Bags" not to use salt water!

One would not have expected to have to put instructions on something so simple, if somewhat vulgar, as a tea bag, now would one? LOL

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY TO ALL OF YOU, HAVE A GREAT EVENING!!!!!!!!!!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Great pics. Wish I wudda been able to m ake it....Great lookin' folks havin' fun...

Happy Fourth all y'alls...............

HB, watching NASCAR Coca-Cola 400 from Daytona!!

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
One would not have expected to have to put instructions on something so simple, if somewhat vulgar, as a tea bag, now would one? LOL

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY TO ALL OF YOU, HAVE A GREAT EVENING!!!!!!!!!!!

Instructions really were not need,
... the Brits were upset because the Americans decided to put the tea in Salt Water!

Americans really know how to "Brew up a storm!"
Besides, the instructions would not have been in "proper" English anyway!

It was quite an ordeal getting to Rocky's today.
Made sure the car was properly serviced, checked oil, gas, tires, radiator, power steering, etc.

Twenty miles from home the radiator busted, drove back to Santiago to the Caribe Tour station (Refilled the radiator 3 times), and took the bus with my wife and a neighbor.

Don

Reactions: mike l

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Instructions really were not need,
... the Brits were upset because the Americans decided to put the tea in Salt Water!

Americans really know how to "Brew up a storm!"
Besides, the instructions would not have been in "proper" English anyway!

It was quite an ordeal getting to Rocky's today.
Made sure the car was properly serviced, checked oil, gas, tires, radiator, power steering, etc.

Twenty miles from home the radiator busted, drove back to Santiago to the Caribe Tour station (Refilled the radiator 3 times), and took the bus with my wife and a neighbor.

Don
Wow, I didn't know that, and then I saw you for a minute and I got caught up with other stuff.
Hope you enjoyed it and that it was worth it.

I can say it now, as I no longer own Rocky's.
These parties cost the house a fair bit of money, but the event with good friends, is priceless.
Thank you all for coming.
Thanks Rick for organizing it and footing the bill.
Happy 4th to all.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Wow, I didn't know that, and then I saw you for a minute and I got caught up with other stuff.
Hope you enjoyed it and that it was worth it.

I can say it now, as I no longer own Rocky's.
These parties cost the house a fair bit of money, but the event with good friends, is priceless.
Thank you all for coming.
Thanks Rick for organizing it and footing the bill.
Happy 4th to all.

I even had an extra 25 lb propane tank in the trunk of the car, just to be sure to have enough gas for a non-stop round trip. ;) lol

How does the saying go: The best laid plans of mice and men?

It was a very nice BBQ Rocky and Rick, thanks.....

Don, Claribel and Lissette

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I second that...Rick must have spent a bundle with all of that food!

The Suckling Pig Roast was as tender and tasty as I have had.

Platters of Rocky's World Famous Rib's were non stop and contagious.

So What's for Dessert on Thanksgiving ?

Last edited:

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Thank you all for coming to our annual 4th of July BBQ. It was a sincere pleasure having you all here. I am glad you all enjoyed the great food and the company of some great people.

Many thanks to all those who lent their time, BBQ's and money to this very special event. You all know who you are.

Watch for our upcoming Thanksgiving dinner. Details will be announced closer to the event.

Remember, you are all welcome at Rocky's anytime the mood strikes you. We are always pleased to have great people, enjoying the food, atmosphere and conversation Rocky's has to offer.

See you all later.

Rick

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
It was a good celebration day and great to see old friends and meet new ones and, yes, badpiece it was fun at the karaoke bar afterwards too. Big thanks to Rick, Marco and everyone involved. The food was all great and just love those ribs and agree the piggy was good (even though I supplied it) and, yes, I am touting for business - see our advert in the Classifieds!!