Rod Stewart is coming to Altos de Chavon

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Rod-Stewart-Tu-Boleta-e1672160189736.png

Rod Stewart, the legendary British rock and pop singer, has included an 11 February 2023 concert at Altos de Chavon in La Romana in his 2022-2023 tour schedule. Rod Stewart is currently touring across six countries and has 41 upcoming concerts on what is said to be his last tour.

The 77-year old performer has revealed he is retiring from “rock ‘n’ roll touring” after next year. He has said he will still perform live but in smaller settings. He cites family reasons. He wants to be closer to his eight children, including youngest sons that are 16 and 10.

Rod Stewart holds the record for the largest concert crowd ever. He filled the Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil with 3,500,000 people on 31 December 1994.

Rod Stewart was knighted in 2016. He has sold more than 250 million albums worldwide, and has had several No. 1 albums and singles in the UK and US.

As...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Darn it!
I'm gonna miss it.
Love him singing "You Were it Well," "The Killing of Georgie," and "The First Cut is the Deepest."

-Lucifer Santana
Dominicano embullao, who sings along to British pop songs while driving, but never at the 'STOP' sign

Reactions: LindseyKaufman

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
Love his songs too.

So sad that he like so many others ruined his lifetime achievement in a second.

Would not go to a concert even if getting paid for.

Rod Stewart erupts at anti-vaxxers as he brands them as "killers" in savage rant​

He said: "It makes me angry, especially in America, where they talk about 'It's my right, it's my freedom.'"

Alexander

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Love his songs too.

So sad that he like so many others ruined his lifetime achievement in a second.

Would not go to a concert even if getting paid for.

Rod Stewart erupts at anti-vaxxers as he brands them as "killers" in savage rant​

He said: "It makes me angry, especially in America, where they talk about 'It's my right, it's my freedom.'"

Alexander
Never knew that, thanks. But he's 77, can't imagine his voice is still there.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Cheap seats start ar $105 usd and go up from there. Don't forget the extra bag of money for parking,food and drink.
Saw him several times in Canada. He does put on a great show.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
You guy have fun, I'll listen to his songs on my computer.

Reactions: cavok

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Never knew that, thanks. But he's 77, can't imagine his voice is still there.
he never did have a silky-smooth voice. He did however coin one of my favorite phrases "next time I think about getting married I am just going to find I woman I hate and buy her a house"

Reactions: cavok

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
He was a rock'n roller.....then lost his voice...........it never returned to its old form

He thought his career was over so went to Clive Davis for advice
Davis steered him into softer music..... what he sings now

He tried it out in Philadelphia at a concert.... wrong place to try things... they threw snowballs at Santa until he left the football field

Anyway, 1st half of concert was his scratchy rock'n roll..... 2nd half he introduced the 'new' Rod
They booed him.....

But, as we now know..... he has a new career of softer songs

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Maggie May, You Wear it Well, Downtown Train.
All good. Not many 77 year old rockers can still fill a stadium.
He is a great entertainer.
Don't disrespect the guy. He did more for the music industry than all of us combined with ever do.
If you don't like his music, don't go.
Put on your Justin Bieber, or whatever makes you happy and chill.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
As a quick side note, just typing Justin Bieber makes me ill. And I'm a Canadian

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
As a quick side note, just typing Justin Bieber makes me ill. And I'm a Canadian

Tell ya what, I don't like him either, but he was playing and singing in the streets when he was a little kid. Definitely paid his dues, unlike many others.

Reactions: melphis

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Tell ya what, I don't like him either, but he was playing and singing in the streets when he was a little kid. Definitely paid his dues, unlike many others.
IMHO I do not see any musical credibility with Justin