Romeo Santos???

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
So I have herd that the king is giving 15 free shows all over DR in November.
Anyone know where or when . Novemberis in 3 days.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
I corrected the thread name for you.

It’s Romeo.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Free ??

Is this true ?

Dates ?

PS: Just realized it was posted today, so I assume no more info as to now.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
I believe when I see it, but I would seriously consider coming down when firm.

It’s actually old news. He announced it a while back. The dates and provinces are going to be announced soon so the story is picking up steam again.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
That is a nice gesture if the concerts are free. J LO was charging about $200 US for a concert in the DR. I think Santos had a sell out in NY at the Mets stadium recently, or a very large crowd nonetheless.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
That is a nice gesture if the concerts are free. J LO was charging about $200 US for a concert in the DR. I think Santos had a sell out in NY at the Mets stadium recently, or a very large crowd nonetheless.

Not only that, I think it is nice if he actually gives concerts around the island so that the people who cannot travel to the capital or PC can attend (we all know how much you hear non-stop all his songs all over DR to the point of suicide and that is coming from someone who initially likes most of his songs :bandit:).

He made history as the first Latin artist to sell out Mets Stadium in front of 80,000 people and highest grossing concert !!!!! Well deserved, he works his ass off and gives respect to those who came before him.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Not only that, I think it is nice if he actually gives concerts around the island so that the people who cannot travel to the capital or PC can attend (we all know how much you hear non-stop all his songs all over DR to the point of suicide and that is coming from someone who initially likes most of his songs :bandit:).

He made history as the first Latin artist to sell out Mets Stadium in front of 80,000 people and highest grossing concert !!!!! Well deserved, he works his ass off and gives respect to those who came before him.

Totally agree with you. Major respect I have.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Romeo Santos is one of my favorite bachata singers. His concerts, especially if free, will be complete, total mob scenes. I think I'll pass.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris

He also made History here in DR, he soldout Olimplic Stadum Felix Sanchez in Santo Domingo 2 saturdays in a row and the 2 days with 60,000 people each.. First was scheduled one concert and next day was anoounced will be another one next saturday and was totally full 2 times.

suarezj519

May 14, 2014
Romeo Santos is one of my favorite bachata singers. His concerts, especially if free, will be complete, total mob scenes. I think I'll pass.

Hate him or love him, this is a really nice gesture to the people of DR. I KNEW he was gonna do something special for DR based off his last album with all songs featuring DR bachateros. I think though even if free, shoukd be a limited quantity but we will see. Security will be TIGHT. Probably most likely there'll be a VIP section as well just to get money off drinks of course. I have a hunch his shows will probably be in or near birth towns of the artists featured on his last album. But we will see.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
JW with OJ

I hope it is free but they make you buy a table with minimum bottle service as I have seen in the past. Which I really like cause you are sure to have a drink and a seat for those of us with high heels :smoke:, and most of all some room to dance.

Vamos a ver