Roy Van Tinteren

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
is he the hotel owner gentleman?
No. Old Roy was married to a mamita 23 years old. He got wise to her doing the nasty with a chulo in Santiago and he planned to move back to pancake town. When mami got wind of this she wasn't about to let him go without her payday. So she, the chulo and couple if his partners at the hedge fund planned and executed his demise

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Big and NotLurking

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
No. Old Roy was married to a mamita 23 years old. He got wise to her doing the nasty with a chulo in Santiago and he planned to move back to pancake town. When mami got wind of this she wasn't about to let him go without her payday. So she, the chulo and couple if his partners at the hedge fund planned and executed his demise
Buyer beware.

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
yes, that's the one I was thinking of. They seem to run together as they're so many
Many there are and I have a feeling the ones that make the press are in some kind of category that someone would have been in big trouble if it hadn't been published. Many more are the cases they don't report, which is scary.

Reactions: Big

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Is Frankie still on his hunger strike?
Not sure about that but his co-defendant emails me quite often. She's in and out for the holidays and certain occassions. Her early parole was denied last week but she only has a little time left on her sentence so she'll be out for good in another year or two.

• Wow
Reactions: AlaPlaya

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Did his wife and the three others ever go to trial? It's been a long time since he was murdered.
Lord save us from the Dominican justice system.

It is no wonder here that people are reluctant to call the cops.

A few years back a gringo I know sold his sailboat to a Dominican who never transferred the boat into his name.
The boat was subsequently used to carry Dominicans to Puerto Rico and some drowned in the Mona Passage.
The gringo was arrested and charged with murder, spending a significant time in jail under the detention system.
He was finally released but was not on the boat and had noting to do with or knowledge of what the boat was used for.

Whole thing is like debtors prison in old England where you went to jail and stayed there until you paid the bills.
Laws in the DR are like what convinced people to board the Mayflower and get out of England except here you cannot leave the island for any civilized country.

Just my view.

Reactions: CristoRey

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
In case some don't know this, in the DR you get married half of what you have in the bank is automatically hers in case of a divorce. And when she files the papers your account is sealed. Look before you leap............

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
In case some don't know this, in the DR you get married half of what you have in the bank is automatically hers in case of a divorce. And when she files the papers your account is sealed. Look before you leap............
Agreed.
I say it all the time..
Educate yourself and know before you go.

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
It's a bit more complicated than that. Division of what is called bienes matrimoniales must be identified as part of the divorce process. There are many considerations. Was there a marriage house? What assets were acquired during the marriage? Is one party unemployed? Is there a pension? Debt incurred in the matrimony must also be shared. If both parties cannot be in mutual agreement of this, a judge will divide the assets and debts.

Status
Not open for further replies.