Pretty good....

I still prefer my 'house blend'...... but am keeping a bottle on hand

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

Finally arrived in my town.... $675 / 700ml
Pretty good....

I still prefer my 'house blend'...... but am keeping a bottle on hand
Well give us a description. Is it like sipping whiskey, is it smooth, can you taste the flavor of the barrels.
Price point is good.
But how do you keep bottles on hand. Where do you store them so they are no damage by heat and light

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Stored in a cupboard

Yes, a sipper.... not too sweet (I like sweeter)...
Yes, I think the whiskey comes through

My blend id Barcelo Anejo or Gran Anejo and some honey melted in.
I add vanilla sometimes

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
My Buddy just brought me a Goslings Black Seal Bermuda Black Rum. Small shot with 1 ice cube in a big glass.

Ay Dios

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
1654813124803.png

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Contrabando rum
Dominican made

I see this around… 700 pesos for 700ml bottle
Rivals the Doble Reserva for price

Haven’t tried it yet but read it’s a vanilla taste along with others
Want to give it a got led
My thoughts:
Junk Bro, not a sipper. Straight ripping you off at 38% ABV. But if you are mixing it up, actually pops in a Cuba Libre. Excellent favor profile if you are looking for something different. Sweeter. But after I finished my bottle I did not re-up. Too much good juice bottled up out there to for that. Now if you are mixing up for a party and the budget is tight and you want a different flavor profile in your Cuba Libre mix other than the Brugal Extra Viejo that that is my standard Cuba Libre mixer, it is just what the bartender ordered.
Contrabando700 ml640$11.02Garrido

While we are on it Doble Reserve is not double anything. Don't believe the hype. I picked up my bottle sipped it, mixed it and wound up dumping it off on my Dominican guests that were impressed (I guess cause it was new and rare). I don't consider it a waste because it was the opportunity to try something different. But after bottoms up, I did not re-up.

🥃🥃

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
If you are looking for a true sipper on the value end of the price scale
Do not sleep on:
Bermudez Aniversario 1852
Bottled at ABV 40% it is a hidden gem that not enough people pay attention to.
This is a real rum. Natural. Aged 12 years. So if you a sugar daddy this is not going to sit well on your taste buds. But if you like your ron without all that added sugar (and I do) then this one will work for you as a sipper. I have mixed it, but I prefer it neat in my rum glass designed for sipping where you can enjoy the nose and swish it around holding it up to the light and watch the legs run down.
It was my everyday sipper until I stumbled upon some even better distilled cane juice that caught the attention of my taste buds.
Bermudez 1852700 ml650$11.21Ron Depot
🥃 🥃

EASTSIDE!

Reactions: chicagoan14

chicagoan14

Apr 2, 2019
Leyenda is arguably the best rum ever made. I stopped drinking it for a while because it became too sweet. The new edition they released is perfect. Same texture with less sweetness.
My current favorite is the Barcelo Imperial Porto. It's impressive.
Punta Cana Tesoro is amazing as well. Very smooth.

On the more expensive side, Siglo de Oro. Appleton 15 years or up.