Rumor of visa free travel to USA jams passport offices

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
They could have waited until April 1 for this farce on the Dominican people.

Then there would have been more people working at the passport office yesterday than people looking for new and renewed passports.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
i don't know about you but i see the title clearly as: Dominican Republic Citizens to Get Visa-Free Entry to Schengen Area Countries of Euro.

I agree on the title. Read the text I cut and pasted from that first post:

It is also propagated by Arelis Versa law firm in an open letter that a similar visa waiver program to and from the US for Dominican and US citizen seems like a high possibility in 2016. The report on said matter has been conducted by the Dominican Republic Tourism and Immigration Department.

Propagation of BS about the USA as well that morphed into what is happening now. The people in the office were interested in Nueva York, not Spain and Germany.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
listen. you mocked dominicans for following blindly what they read on social media by repeating what you were told without checking the facts first. nope
then, you claim that pichi started a thread specifically about visa free travel to the states, which is not true.

you know, just say: dang, did i mess it up? oops, sorry! and be done with this, instead of digging in deeper with this no fui yo explanations.

just sayin'.

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
I stand corrected windeguy.

Let's look at the bright (unlikely) side of this. If most everyone left we would have the island all to ourselves.
Think about it. No motoconchos, enough electricity to go around, real estate oh real estate.
Endless possibilities. I can only dream.

Yes PICHARDO did mention specifically about "visa free" travel for Dominicans to the USA. This thread is on that same topic, not about the EU. Visa free was morphed into "totally free" by rumors on social networks and the rush started on passport offices.

The Dominican side of this island would be practically vacant if "free visas" were actually issued.

From PICHARDO:

To PICHARDO, zero chance is a high possibility.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
You don't see what the true clever idea behind that "announcement" was. Increase the state revenue from passport fees!

Pinocchio has proven several times that he is a shill for the Dominican government, so what you are saying sounds feasible.
Der Fish

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You forgot that we are in the country where the dumbest people on Earth live.

Agreeing with the Commander,
I find them to be astoundingly ingenious at times...

eking something out of nothing every day.

Their creativity has saved my posterior from a few problems over the years.

Last edited by a moderator:

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
You forgot that we are in the country where the dumbest people on Earth live.

I have witnessed (and saved) Dominicans "trapped" in that confounding contraption called an airplane seat belt, (even after operating instructions were clearly given)....A blind 3 year old could easily manage escape...
Sadly, I must concur with the above statement.....

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
Now we are calling names too?

Gov? Proven?

The name calling is not necessary but affiliation with the Government...absolutely

Proof...every post you write.....you can retort " that's not proof " just like any good government employee would.....understandable since that botella makes life comfy in FLA.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
First of all, there's no such thing as a Free Visa. You must pay for any Visa you apply for.

I posted about the DR citizens with U.S. visas wanting to renew them, getting an automatic 10 year B1/B2 visa from the US consulate.

This is inline for a future Visa waiver for the DR to the USA.

This has more to do with the safety of documentation of the DR improving to a much higher level (compared to even many European countries).
The sharing of the databases of the DR and U.S. and the introduction of the new biometrics national database as well.

Once we move to the Driver licenses, the DR ID will be accepted by the USA/Canada/Mexico for identification of travelers.

The U.S. consulate in the DR, as I stated, will continue to provide 10 year B/1/B2 visas to all non-temporary renewals automatically.

The program is slated to last 24 months, after which the results will indicate how soon the DR will enter the visa waiver program for the travel to the U.S. and territories.

Replacing the visa program, will be an online based preclearance application for all travelers from the DR. This is how the U.S. will carry background criminal checks as well as economic status of applicants.

Those that don't pass muster, must file the corresponding extra support documentation to gain the preclearance documents (which is just a digital number, much like a record locator is used).

The consulate is providing the 10 year automatic renewal of visas, so that it can focus on processing the most applicants that have never applied or have been denied for certain documents before.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
The name calling is not necessary but affiliation with the Government...absolutely

Proof...every post you write.....you can retort " that's not proof " just like any good government employee would.....understandable since that botella makes life comfy in FLA.

Affiliation with the gov? Prove it!

I have no affiliation with the DR gov. I have very good relations with many people in and outside ALL DR's administrations.

That's a big difference!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
DV8, I admit I messed up and the title was certainly about the EU, but it clearly mentioned the USA and PICHARDO elaborated above on this farce as well.

If the search function worked...

Now back to the farce of DR citizens having visa free travel to the DR and EU. Not going to happen. Why would it? I see no reason so far as to what would change regarding the high percentage of Dominicans that would violate the terms of such visas. Nothing.

The US is NEVER going to use DR Driver's License as proof of Identity. They don't even prove that people can drive a car in the DR!!Passports only.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
DV8, I admit I messed up and the title was certainly about the EU, but it clearly mentioned the USA and PICHARDO elaborated above on this farce as well.

If the search function worked...

I can't seem to fully understand this part of the quote below. Maybe it's because I gave up coffee not sure.

To and from the US for Dominican and US citizen seems like a high possibility. Does that make sense? US citizens don't need a visa to Europe and they sure don't need one to the US. Confused.

It is also propagated by Arelis Versa law firm in an open letter that a similar visa waiver program to and from the US for Dominican and US citizen seems like a high possibility in 2016. The report on said matter has been conducted by the Dominican Republic Tourism and Immigration Department