Rumor of visa free travel to USA jams passport offices

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
DV8, I admit I messed up and the title was certainly about the EU, but it clearly mentioned the USA and PICHARDO elaborated above on this farce as well.

If the search function worked...

Now back to the farce of DR citizens having visa free travel to the DR and EU. Not going to happen. Why would it? I see no reason so far as to what would change regarding the high percentage of Dominicans that would violate the terms of such visas. Nothing.

The US is NEVER going to use DR Driver's License as proof of Identity. They don't even prove that people can drive a car in the DR!!Passports only.

Huh!!!!!

Do you get your facts from where exactly?

You happen to ignore that the DR has one of the lowest rates of visa violators than the region and the whole of CA??????

The % of violations is less (yes! Less) than 2% (you can get the data posted on this here on DR1 forum's threads) to the visas issued from the U.S. consulate year on year, with the last 3 showing an improvement to that of the same three before.

Driver license are used for banking, titles, etc... Just like any Mexican Matricula Consular or Canadian ID, The DR ID (Cedula/Driver License) will be effective as proof of ID in the USA for these things.

The Driver License will be accepted for transfer to that of the USA, without the need to retake the written or practical tests (as of now).

You'll see!

I guess my words on the 10 year renewals were empty too? Or are you saying I did tell about it AFTER it started taking place??????

There's a process to implement each of those points.

You can bank on two things: Dominicans will be able to fly to the EU without a visa and will also have visa-waver with preclearance to the USA.

And if you check the list, that will open many, many countries to the DR passport by third party enabling.

Let me give you a hint on why the DR will join the Secured ID agreement with the US: There will be a RORO Ferris service between the mainland and the DR down the line.

Just like driving from Canada or Mexico to the USA, so too will be driving from the DR to the USA as well.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Question for Pichardo,

How hard is it to get a 10 Year Visa business or Tourism, B1 B2 as u call it ...
What would be like the basic requirements..
What are some of the questions they ask when you go to the Consulate for the Final Interview
and do they tell you immediately at the interview, either Yes or No.

thanks in advance..

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Huh!!!!!

You happen to ignore that the DR has one of the lowest rates of visa violators than the region and the whole of CA??????

The % of violations is less (yes! Less) than 2% (you can get the data posted on this here on DR1 forum's threads) to the visas issued from the U.S. consulate year on year, with the last 3 showing an improvement to that of the same three before.

Driver license are used for banking, titles, etc... Just like any Mexican Matricula Consular or Canadian ID, The DR ID (Cedula/Driver License) will be effective as proof of ID in the USA for these things.

The Driver License will be accepted for transfer to that of the USA, without the need to retake the written or practical tests (as of now).

You'll see!

I guess my words on the 10 year renewals were empty too? Or are you saying I did tell about it AFTER it started taking place??????

There's a process to implement each of those points.

You can bank on two things: Dominicans will be able to fly to the EU without a visa and will also have visa-waver with preclearance to the USA.

And if you check the list, that will open many, many countries to the DR passport by third party enabling.

Let me give you a hint on why the DR will join the Secured ID agreement with the US: There will be a RORO Ferris service between the mainland and the DR down the line.

Just like driving from Canada or Mexico to the USA, so too will be driving from the DR to the USA as well.

Will that RORO Ferris service include a Ferris Wheel? And what you are implying is not even what RORO means.

Jan 9, 2004
Huh!!!!!

The DR's violation rate for legal visa holders is pretty much in line with other Central American countries like El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras.

It is 2.31% as of the latest data reported.

That is likely a testament to the difficult job done at the Consulate.

But, it does NOT reflect those who have entered illegally with no or false documents....and there are tens of thousands of those with illegal documents obtained in Puerto Rico....now residing in NY/Florida/NJ/MA/RI.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Well, violating a visa that was hard to get is not the smart thing to do, and those getting a visa are likely to not be those who are more likely to stay. But if a visa waiver program would apply to Dominicans obviously all those that now aren't getting a visa will go and more likely violate the terms.

So statistics on how Dominicans currently violate their visas don't say a thing about how a visa waiver program would work out.

Jan 9, 2004
Well, violating a visa that was hard to get is not the smart thing to do, and those getting a visa are likely to not be those who are more likely to stay.

Exactly.

And there will be no visa waiver program for the DR...either.

Respectfully,
Plyacaribe2

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
A ROLL ON-ROLL OFF ferry service plying the US/DR route directly on a weekly basis would be fantastic. However, the DR customs laws and Tourist Visa requirements would require significant changes for tourists who want to bring their vehicles and stay here for an extended period. That may result in lost car import customs revenue. If the DR government charges high entry fees to compensate for that lost revenue it will affect tourism generated by the ferry service. I see a lot of potential DR government roadblocks in the way and I don't see it happening quickly.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
The DR's violation rate for legal visa holders is pretty much in line with other Central American countries like El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras.

It is 2.31% as of the latest data reported.

That is likely a testament to the difficult job done at the Consulate.

But, it does NOT reflect those who have entered illegally with no or false documents....and there are tens of thousands of those with illegal documents obtained in Puerto Rico....now residing in NY/Florida/NJ/MA/RI.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Nope!

The data you source only indicate "suspected" overstays. The rate for the DR is actually 1.7% (as of 2016).

The actual tally comes from the matching of those suspected overstays by Dominicans to the number of applicants that filed once they entered the U.S. territory for adjustment of status.

A lot of Dominicans instead of using the fiancee or family reunification via the local consulate, use their B1/B2 visas to travel to the USA and deposit the paperwork there.

The U.S. consulate receives requests from the DHS to verify the documentation presented by those that apply in the US after entering the country with their tourists visa.

The consulate keeps a tally of those cases and removes them from the suspected in-country overstays in order to gauge and adjust their visa vetting procedures.

When you want data pertaining to immigration is best to always get it at the local consulate than from DHS.

Again, DHS uses a wide net of "SUSPECTED" overstays because they don't even try to match new petition cases filed with the suspected overstayers, much due to time and personnel constraints.

The local consulate provides the best data to that end. Dominicans that can get a USA tourist visa and are planning to file for family reunification/spouses cases, for the most part file in the U.S. after having entered the country on such visas.

Again, the local consular officials provided the data and it's posted here on DR1 threads, by the numbers.

The year to year rate keeps getting lower.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
The D....

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

The number of Dominicans in the mainland that entered illegally or using false documents is not even on the radar of the DHS. Even in Puerto Rico, being the largest illegal immigrant group, compared to the population it's still insignificant.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
A ROLL ON-ROLL OFF ferry service plying the US/DR route directly on a weekly basis would be fantastic. However, the DR customs laws and Tourist Visa requirements would require significant changes for tourists who want to bring their vehicles and stay here for an extended period. That may result in lost car import customs revenue. If the DR government charges high entry fees to compensate for that lost revenue it will affect tourism generated by the ferry service. I see a lot of potential DR government roadblocks in the way and I don't see it happening quickly.

It's the other way around. The way the databases of both nations are being linked, it will be smooth sailing.

That's why the 10 year renewals program and for the visa waiver long term.

The first baby steps and basically the heart of the security for the USA in the DR, will be once all phases of the plan are in operations.

Jan 9, 2004
Jan 9, 2004
The number of Dominicans in the mainland that entered illegally or using false documents is not even on the radar of the DHS. Even in Puerto Rico, being the largest illegal immigrant group, compared to the population it's still insignificant.

You might be right. Considering there are 11 million illegals and Dominicans probably comprise a small percent of those.....the deportation rate is about 2,000 per year....but that also includes criminals who might have once had a green card.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
There is no data available, published by the Consulate, indicating a 1.7% rate for 2016.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

The data was provided to MIREX and Interior by the U.S. Consulate in S.D.

I'm providing first hand account of the data as of late, the one before it I posted in the threads here on DR1 a while back (links and all)

You can take it at face value or not.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Jan 9, 2004
The data was provided to MIREX and Interior by the U.S. Consulate in S.D.

I'm providing first hand account of the data as of late, the one before it I posted in the threads here on DR1 a while back (links and all)

You can take it at face value or not.

No data, nor a link to data....more Pichardoisms.

You are persistent/insistent though.

Long live 28:1, smartguns, e-currency, pesos oro, laptops in every school.....and on....and on...and on.

I will take a pass, on face value, on this one too.

Enjoy your evening.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2