Rush Order - Arturo Fuente Cigars - Santiago

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
That is sad but surely there are reputable sellers here who access the premium cigars?
I occasionally like the smell of a cigar from afar, but I would never place a lit turd in my mouth

Blasphemy!!! But I bet you drink the Devil's brew, don't you? :LOL:

But seriously folks... Cigars are definitely not appreciated in the South like they are in the Cibao region.

It's even common to see women smoking cigars in Santiago and Tamboril.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
That is sad but surely there are reputable sellers here who access to the premium cigars ?
I occasionally like the smell of a cigar from afar, but I would never place a lit turd in my mouth

I'm still searching for a good cigar here 10 yrs and counting........ every cigar sold on the beaches are counterfeit take that to the bank.... I thought there would be many I was wrong

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Other than the bad driving and the curfew I'd have to say the cigar situation is my biggest disappointment so far.

Yep. I know of a couple of nice cigar stores here but the sticker shock....

Reactions: markelbat

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I'm still searching for a good cigar here 10 yrs and counting........ every cigar sold on the beaches are counterfeit take that to the bank.... I thought there would be many I was wrong
I don”t know where you live but there are reasonable cigars available in Río San Juan. Edwin, a friend of mine, hé has a souvenir shop on the córner close to the old post-Office. He sells smaller brands but also the DR version of Arturo, R&J.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I don”t know where you live but there are reasonable cigars available in Río San Juan. Edwin, a friend of mine, hé has a souvenir shop on the córner close to the old post-Office. He sells smaller brands but also the DR version of Arturo, R&J.

I'm premium cigar guy I dont mind spending 15 - 30 for one.. but i want the real deal....

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I'm premium cigar guy I dont mind spending 15 - 30 for one.. but i want the real deal....
I've bought more 2K cigars than I would care to admit to so I know what you're talking about.

Last edited:

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Just got a last minute request to bring some Arturo Fuente Cigars to the States on my upcoming trip.

Could someone advise where in Santiago I can buy some?

I'm a non-smoker so totally in the dark as to where to buy.
There are small factories in the central region that sell direct to consumer. There are others like Flor Dominicana and La Aurora who will offer a tour and sell direct to consumer. However Arturo Fuente is not one of them.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Leon Jimenez and La Aurora can be purchased in Supermercado Nacional. Check dates on the bottom though, they can tend to lay on the shelves there for some time.

Mr Deal HD

Sep 11, 2019
Try Arturo Fuente Cigar Club. It’s my favorite lounge to relax as well. Try the Opus X, it’s the one in my profile photo. Best cigar I’ve ever smoked. Can cost you up to $70 depending on which type of Opus X you want.

Mr Deal HD

Sep 11, 2019
The Opus X is also world renowned and recognized as the most sought after and hardest cigar to obtain (may have changed in the past year or two). And you’ve had access to this cigar for the past 10 years unknowingly.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Try Arturo Fuente Cigar Club. It’s my favorite lounge to relax as well. Try the Opus X, it’s the one in my profile photo. Best cigar I’ve ever smoked. Can cost you up to $70 depending on which type of Opus X you want.
Yes I have been there a few times very nice place.... my problem is I Iive in punta cana

Reactions: Mr Deal HD

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Yes I have been there a few times very nice place.... my problem is I Iive in punta cana
Used to be one of my favorite places before they remodeled it. Big, plush black leather chairs and lots of mahogany and being waited on hand and foot while enjoying a cigar and a beverage.
I used to stop during the day and many times had the place to myself.
It's still nice, just not the same.
I'm waiting for the cigar store in Silver Sun to reopen.

Reactions: Mr Deal HD

Mr Deal HD

Sep 11, 2019
Used to be one of my favorite places before they remodeled it. Big, plush black leather chairs and lots of mahogany and being waited on hand and foot while enjoying a cigar and a beverage.
I used to stop during the day and many times had the place to myself.
It's still nice, just not the same.
I'm waiting for the cigar store in Silver Sun to reopen.

Yup, the daytime is usually VIP service like a famous celebrity; nobody there but myself. They’ve even opened the bar area for me a few times to relax before it was open (where the live band performs).😂

Also a great place for a quick business meeting or to meet up with a few ladies with a bit higher standards than most.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
If your post isn’t about cigars, it doesn’t belong in this thread. A whole bunch of off topic posts have been deleted.

• Love
Reactions: JD Jones