Rush Order - Arturo Fuente Cigars - Santiago

S

SantiagoDR

Just got a last minute request to bring some Arturo Fuente Cigars to the States on my upcoming trip.

Could someone advise where in Santiago I can buy some?

I'm a non-smoker so totally in the dark as to where to buy.

S

SantiagoDR

Not knowing anything about cigars, I think the type of Arturo Fuente Cigars they want is 4.25 x 32.

I did not realize that was the code for the type. :cool: lol

Thanks Sky.

H

hard times doug

As a Cigar smoker and a frequent traveler to the D.R., I rarely buy cigars there. I order them online from for example from Thompson cigars for less than if I was to purchase it in the D.R. You can get Arturo Fuente cigars from any decent cigar shop in Santiago and Arturo Fuente has his own Cigar bar in the Capital on 27 de Feb. A real top notch establishment.

K

Kip

Not knowing anything about cigars, I think the type of Arturo Fuente Cigars they want is 4.25 x 32.

I did not realize that was the code for the type. :cool: lol

Thanks Sky.
4.25 x 32 is the vitola...being, 4.25" long and a 32 ring gauge (32/64 of an inch).

Like the others have said, most Dominican cigars are far cheaper stateside than here. I'm assuming it's something to do with their production in the zona francas but I'm not sure why. All I know is, I can buy Fuente cigars for 35-50% less in Florida rather than in Santiago.

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

K

Kip

I'll also mention, the size you reference are their Cubanitos. They aren't handrolled cigars; they're short filler cigarillos that come in tins of 10 or so....and I don't recall seeing them around town in Santiago.

W

william webster

Our dear departed friend -- CCccccccccccc

always said....Ship 'em in.... don't buy here

Reactions: chrisrose97
B

bob saunders

Just got a last minute request to bring some Arturo Fuente Cigars to the States on my upcoming trip.

I have walked by this place a number of times but never went in. It should have what you are looking for. https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attracti...aballeros_Santiago_Province_Dominican_Re.html
This place as well http://www.findglocal.com/DO/Santiago/1391678444379988/Vitolas-Cigar-Club

Last edited:
L

Luperon

Did that request once years ago. Got back to states and same cigars were much cheaper at Costco.

Reactions: Fulano2

markelbat

Sep 7, 2020
Las Vegas NV
I was eager to buy some cigars when I got here, then I soon learned they tax the bejesus out of their own product!

Do any of the fincas have tours where you can sample and purchase at a discount?

My favorite cigar of all time is the Davidoff Yamasa. It's expensive in the US. It's about 80% more here!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
4.25 x 32 is the vitola...being, 4.25" long and a 32 ring gauge (32/64 of an inch).

Like the others have said, most Dominican cigars are far cheaper stateside than here. I'm assuming it's something to do with their production in the zona francas but I'm not sure why. All I know is, I can buy Fuente cigars for 35-50% less in Florida rather than in Santiago.

Anything the Zonas Francas produce and sells in the Dominican market is subject to all the taxes that Dominican products produce outside the Zonas Francas and with that comes the higher prices. Productions from there remain tax free if they are exported.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Buxtonite

Dec 20, 2005

I agree !! You can buy cigars much cheaper online in the states than here. I used to smoke cigars and I would always bring cigars with me to the DR. Never buy them here.

The one thing you can buy here are Cuban cigars. However you have be careful that they are genuine. Plus you would need to take the bands off them or they would confiscate them if they found them in your luggage.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
100 of the 4.25 x 32 are $187 on Thomson Cigars web site. So $1.80 / cigar.
Seems reasonable.
I'm not a smoker so I think that seems reasonable and maybe cheaper than you can buy here - but 100 cigars is a lot of smoke. Seems they would get stale unless you have a lot of friends over for poker night.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Seems reasonable.
I'm not a smoker so I think that seems reasonable and maybe cheaper than you can buy here - but 100 cigars is a lot of smoke. Seems they would get stale unless you have a lot of friends over for poker night.

That's why humidors were invented.

I usually buy my cigars in either JUMBO or La Sirena. But like everyone else has said, don't buy them here unless you can find a factory (the small ones are great) and buy a bundle.

Markelbat: Once you get back home, try jrcigars.com or thompsoncigar.com

Last edited:
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
That's why humidors were invented.

Seems reasonable.

Billy the problem here is the cigars stay humid

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
They have to stay humid. That’s why in our countries you need a humidor. Never buy cigars in the DR where the a/c is on. They are dried out.

Reactions: JD Jones

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
That's 100 % correct.... Most cigars here in DR are counterfeit .the good tobacco gets shipped to USA to be sold at premium prices....
That is sad but surely there are reputable sellers here who access to the premium cigars ?
I occasionally like the smell of a cigar from afar, but I would never place a lit turd in my mouth