Samana development

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
It seems to me the only development in Las Terrenas and Samana is the touristic projects. The infrastructure isn’t getting much better. I drove today to Playa Rincon from Las Terrenas and seeing Limon, pueblo Samana and Las Galeras on the way it’s as if hardly anything has changed since I first went there in 2006. Ok some roads but generally the locals seems to have an equally low standard of living. I find it depressing that the government seems to do nothing for the locals with all the tourism $$$

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
All of the north coast is off the priority list for the govt. All their efforts are concentrated on the east (Punta Cana/Miches area) and south-west, it seems to me.

• Wow
Reactions: aarhus and JD Jones

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I am playa at Coson today. I read somewhere about resorts planned here. I think something is brewing. As opposed to Pedernales Las Terrenas has already somewhat an international brand. There is already a village with supermarkets, shops and restaurants/bars.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Rebuilding the restaurant row, I think

They call it Fisherman's Village but..................
Yes looks like it started. Not anything like the original anymore. I think with time Las Terrenas won’t have much of that fishing village feel.