Samsung phone guru needed in Sosua

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Nothing on my phone is valuable. Except for contacts. It's a tool. Not a way of life.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Do you actually expect anybody to take you seriously with that statement?
Lollipop (Android 5.0) alone hogs up most of this.

The newer versions of Android utilize the SD card better.
THE OP's phone is a dinosaur.

Did she say that her phone runs Lollipop? I have some older phones as back up which are fully operational, and do quite well for simple uses that (a) run Android 4 or 2.x and (b) have 4GB of memory or less. For example, a Sony about 4 y.o. has 4GB of internal memory of which 3.75GB is AVAILABLE. It also came with a 2GB SD card of which 337MB is AVAILABLE. Obviously everything in the phone fits within 4GB with a lot of room to spare. Of course, I do NOT use it for permanent storage of pics/videos (although quite a few photos and songs would fit the available space of the Sony, obviously).

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Nothing on my phone is valuable. Except for contacts. It's a tool. Not a way of life.

Contacts should definitely be backed up. Some people attach a lot of value to certain photos and videos. Those should be moved elsewhere, obviously, since the phone may be lost/stolen/irreparably damaged at any time.

Have you tried the factory reset already?

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Contacts should definitely be backed up. Some people attach a lot of value to certain photos and videos. Those should be moved elsewhere, obviously, since the phone may be lost/stolen/irreparably damaged at any time.

Have you tried the factory reset already?

Not yet. The google messages are not so annoying. And as I said, the phone is simply a tool, not my life.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Not yet. The google messages are not so annoying. And as I said, the phone is simply a tool, not my life.
Factory reset is a completely safe procedure whose only downside is the possible loss of data that has not been backed up elsewhere. Just so you know.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who has weighed in on this. You tekkies are very generous. Your information is sort of overwhelming. But thank you ever so.