San Cristobal has a new Supermarket!

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Supermercado Ines opened this week.

I went there to check it out on Saturday and it was a mob scene. I thought it was still closed at 8 in the morning but in reality the parking lot was full and the guard was controlling the access.

And imagine my surprise when I found they have Breakstone Cottage Cheese, Ben & Jerry Ice Cream, Almond Breeze chocolate milk, and a bunch of other things I usually go to JUMBO to buy.

My JUMBO days may be over at last.

I bet AE is going to love the place.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

I went there to check it out on Saturday and it was a mob scene. I thought it was still closed at 8 in the morning but in reality the parking lot was full and the guard was controlling the access.

And imagine my surprise when I found they have Breakstone Cottage Cheese, Ben & Jerry Ice Cream, Almond Breeze chocolate milk, and a bunch of other things I usually go to JUMBO to buy.

Great news! Where is it located???

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Great news! Where is it located???
It's on Carr. Sanchez with Privada, the crazy main intersection with the streetlight that never works.

Rumor has it a new Bravo is being built too.

Reactions: AlterEgo

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It's on Carr. Sanchez with Privada, the crazy main intersection with the streetlight that never works.

Rumor has it a new Bravo is being built too.
Looking forward to trying it out. We actually got disgusted with La Sirena at one point, and started going to the Ole in Haina.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

I can get those items a Janet's. I was just in Naco and went to an Amigo's there. Very nice, but very few items that I can't get here. They just had three times as much as the same old stuff I can find here, but generally more expensive. La Sirena is the same - three times more of the S.O.S.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I can get those items a Janet's. I was just in Naco and went to an Amigo's there. Very nice, but very few items that I can't get here. They just had three times as much as the same old stuff I can find here, but generally more expensive. La Sirena is the same - three times more of the S.O.S.
La Sirena on Ave. Luperon isn't that bad, but all Sirenas are like giant colmados with limited variety of just about everything but Colgate toothpaste.

Ines Supermarket is just down the street from my place, which means much less driving in my life and it's only about 20 minutes or so for AE.