Sanki Panki Video in Spanish

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I could have sworn it was both... I need to watch it again when I have a moment. I do remember that at one point the reporter refers to one of them (can't remember if it's Rudy or the other one) using 'the French of his native Haiti' to charm the French tourists.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Chirimoya said:
I could have sworn it was both... I need to watch it again when I have a moment. I do remember that at one point the reporter refers to one of them (can't remember if it's Rudy or the other one) using 'the French of his native Haiti' to charm the French tourists.

That would be the guy in the blue shirt but is he the same guy as the flaming brown shirt with beige cuffs? Rudy wears the same black Tshirt through out the interview and sounds very Dominican.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Oh and then there's the guy with the white and red shirt.

Well gotta go now and volunteer with the senior's ;)

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Rudy(the armani wearing, cubic zirconia diamond studs in both ears, gum chewing throught-out the interview, with slight underbite sankie) is Dominican; notice his use of "sabel" instead of saber. The master sankie is Haitian according to the interviewer. The guy in the red and white shirt is a facilitator- he sends customers(both male and female) to the sankies. Rudy mentions that there are morenos in Europe but that they(the customers) can get them cheaper "mas barato" in the DR. I used to have a disco shirt like the master sankie's!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Yup, I watched it again. Rudy is Dominican, and L'amour :rolleyes: is Haitian.

Where's Sam? I'm sure she has a thing or two to say about That Shirt.

islandgirl2

Jan 28, 2006
wow, I had never seen that video before, amazing that they would seel themselves out by going on television. Really eye opening I must say, although I could pick that out right away...I recodgnized the behaviour of Rudy and the Haitian guy from people who work at resorts I have stayed at. Scary world sometimes isnt it?

islandgirl2

Jan 28, 2006
check your media player

audboogie said:
does the video still work? i can't seem to play it
yes, it works. It could be your media player however, you may not have the right one so in effect its not allowing you to watch it. That could possibly be the problem, im not sure though?

for the record, just so people dont get the wrong impression, In my previous post earlier today about this video I wasn't judging all dominican men...just the ones featured in this video. It really and truely is extremely eye opening.

most_sincere

Mar 10, 2006
THE GAME said:
one was haitian (the one that said he's in love).... the other one is dominican.
You can tell in his voice as compared to the haitian sankie.
The first guy talking was Dominican; his accent is Dominican. The other men that were being interviewed were Haitian.

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
islandgirl2 said:
wow, I had never seen that video before, amazing that they would seel themselves out by going on television. Really eye opening I must say, although I could pick that out right away...I recodgnized the behaviour of Rudy and the Haitian guy from people who work at resorts I have stayed at. Scary world sometimes isnt it?

I would argue that they don't consider themselves to be selling themselves "out", but simply selling themselves. It's all a part of marketing and advertising. They know that no matter what, business will continue as usual and, unfortunately, this advertising may, in fact, attract new customers.

islandgirl2

Jan 28, 2006
jack: Yeah, I can understand that. I think it's very scary to see that though because how they were acting, it seems all very familiar to how I've seen some dominican men act which makes you think doesn't it. I think any girl would be crazy to be attracted to what these guys were doing, it makes me sad. They are clever I must give them that, I for one can say that I almost fell into one of the traps but now I have my guard up, and after seeing that its scary to know how good they are at it, and how many people respond to it. Guess we just all have to be careful. At least now we can identify Rudy and that other guy as being sankies right? haha.

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
You know, it doesn't have to be a poor, black Dominican trying to hook up with you to get a visa.
I met two different guys with real jobs when I was there as a kid.
When they found we were returning to the States, I got 2 marriage proposals.
One had a girlfriend, which I thought was strange, because we worked together and there was never any indication ...
The other probably had 100 girlfriends, but he asked any way. He even planned a honeymoon in Jarabacoa.
I asked him to ask my dad "for my hand," but he didn't show up. And I never saw him again. I was 14.
At 14, you don't know what the future holds for you.
At 51, I can see where some women would be willing to play.
It's just harder to cut the chord emotionally.
Perhaps there is a new business idea.
Teaching women to use-em and lose-em. It would have to be taught by a man. What a deal. Kind of like the benefits of renting. ...
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC Are you available? :)

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
mkohn said:
You know, it doesn't have to be a poor, black Dominican trying to hook up with you to get a visa.
I met two different guys with real jobs when I was there as a kid.
When they found we were returning to the States, I got 2 marriage proposals.
One had a girlfriend, which I thought was strange, because we worked together and there was never any indication ...
The other probably had 100 girlfriends, but he asked any way. He even planned a honeymoon in Jarabacoa.
I asked him to ask my dad "for my hand," but he didn't show up. And I never saw him again. I was 14.
At 14, you don't know what the future holds for you.
At 51, I can see where some women would be willing to play.
It's just harder to cut the chord emotionally.
Perhaps there is a new business idea.
Teaching women to use-em and lose-em. It would have to be taught by a man. What a deal. Kind of like the benefits of renting. ...
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC Are you available? :)

Very profound thoughts, Mary. I think it's harder for most women to use 'em and lose 'em, because with women, there is nearly always an emotional involvement (wouldn't it make things simpler, though?).

While I agree with what you say, I have to question your choice of teachers. All those women would be a little too tempting for CCCCCCCCCcccccccccccccccccccc, I'd say...they may never get past him! Imagine the education they'd get though!:classic:

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
socorro - help

trina said:
Very profound thoughts, Mary. I think it's harder for most women to use 'em and lose 'em, because with women, there is nearly always an emotional involvement (wouldn't it make things simpler, though?).

While I agree with what you say, I have to question your choice of teachers. All those women would be a little too tempting for CCCCCCCCCcccccccccccccccccccc, I'd say...they may never get past him! Imagine the education they'd get though!:classic:

Those who graduate would. ;) It's about time for women to learn - and enjoy - the concept of 'no strings attached.'
Mary

Leolady76

Mar 16, 2006
Wow

I just finished watching this video and although I don't understand a word of what was being said, it still made me feel nauseous. Especially since having just found out that the guy I met is a Sanky (gone now, thankfully!)

Anyone know how to get that video translated?

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
www.loversss.friendpages.com
eeeewwww!!!!

I would like to hear a translation as well.....on a further note I wouldn't give either of the 2 the time of day...EWwWW eeeWwW eWWww....and it seems from the video the women they were going up to were older and not very attractive.

VEe

DRBABE809

Aug 15, 2005
Sankie video 03/23/06

So this was good for the women why doesn't someone do it on the SANKIE women using the men I have a male friend who is having a hard time getting out of his little sankie problem

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
using and losin em

trina said:

Actually there is a movie, the title escapes me at the moment, on this very subject. It involves a woman who travels purposely to Haiti to be with the sankies there. I personally have seen quite a few women tourists being squired about by the sankies here in the Colonial city, but those guys, I have to say, had a bit of class and treated their "dates" pretty well. Cant say what was going on in the minds of the various women, of course, but I imagine that some of them knew the score and were in it just for temporary fun.

I actually enjoyed the video a lot, and I found the explicit honesty of the sankies to be refreshing and interesting. Though I cannot imagine that anyone would fall for one of these guys -- not because of any physical characteristics or their behavior, but just because it seems rather obvious that the whole thing is what it is, and one would have to be very naive and untravelled not to recognize what is going on.