Sankie traits

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I did not say I wrote all these myself. :glasses:

I saw an article about women who fall for guys who use them. It says that those are mostly coming from families with a lot of problems and disfunction and got used to the "rollercoaster" emotion state and that is why "bad" boys are so attractive to them. That article also said that these women should look at themselves and their own problems first and not complain that someone takes advatage of them. That is why I put it in the sankie forum. Maybe it will help some girls to realize why their sankie is able to use them and maybe change their attitude to dating :squareeye

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Hi Music.

If and when she makes her first trip to the DR.........

Let her find out for herself, can't wait to read another thread telling us all about something we already know. People that read all the posts here, but have never been exposed, have no idea what sankies are really capable of.:tired:
Amen sister .... ;)

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I think individuals like the OP who have never even been here, have no real idea of what they are talking about - do MORE harm then good! You like to talk like experts, post comments like you know what is going on.

Sometimes people need to be quiet, read and listen, learn and then for goodness sake at least VISIT the damn country!

Psted by CRANKY weather girl in Puerto Plata, tired of the same S**T

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
It's the hormones baby ....

I did not say I wrote all these myself. :glasses:

I saw an article about women who fall for guys who use them. It says that those are mostly coming from families with a lot of problems and disfunction and got used to the "rollercoaster" emotion state and that is why "bad" boys are so attractive to them. That article also said that these women should look at themselves and their own problems first and not complain that someone takes advatage of them. That is why I put it in the sankie forum. Maybe it will help some girls to realize why their sankie is able to use them and maybe change their attitude to dating :squareeye
Not psychobabble, blah, blah, blah ..... what makes you think she'll listen to you, an internet psychoanalyst, and not her "thundering" horomones? them chemicals are stronger!!!!:bunny:

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Different day ....

I think individuals like the OP who have never even been here, have no real idea of what they are talking about - do MORE harm then good! You like to talk like experts, post comments like you know what is going on.

Sometimes people need to be quiet, read and listen, learn and then for goodness sake at least VISIT the damn country!

Psted by CRANKY weather girl in Puerto Plata, tired of the same S**T
Right, same crap .... can the weather girl forecast better for TO? .... al least you're not cold there!!!! ;)

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Careful there ... freudian slip?

Guys, don't worry. It is not a problem with me. I just spend too much time in front of the computer for work and distruct myself by reading different sites and articles, that is all. I have never been sankified actually, my first trip to DR is still in the future :)
Self-mutilation and S&M not condoned here ... inadvertently revealing another "darker" side? ;)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The easiest victims of sankies are:

1. psychologists
2. sociologists
3. anthropologists
4. blue eyed blondes
5. others

In that order. :bunny:

m'frog
Where does "Gordo" fit in? All of the above?:bunny:

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Stereotyping, Research, References

They say that if you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, the one that yelps is the one that got hit.

Why do you care WHAT she posts?

Hitting a little close to home? Hmmm?;)

Well I think even if sankies do a lot harm, generalizing about them and stereotyping them as psychopaths or sociopaths isn't right. It doesn't shed any light on the fact that some group of young men and women who live in a poor country and work with relatively richer tourists will do almost anything to immigrant. We all face some sort of generalizations nationality, race, religion, gender etc. so why add to it? All Domincans get hurt by this whole business. And all foreigners visiting and living in the DR are tainted by it as well.

And if you don't have any personal experience with it, get on the plane do some real research. :bunny: And make out a Trip report, and give us the juicy details. ;) And yes, you must provide references if you want to be respected in the field of Sankiology.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
And yes, you must provide references if you want to be respected in the field of Sankiology.

I will never be able to compete with the most prominent sankiologists such as some of the older members here. I will always respect their opinion. Even if I go to the DR a couple of times and talk to some real sankies, still, I just don't have that much time or interest in the subject. I will definitely write a report when I am back (no juicy details though, there will be nothing to describe ;) )

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Even if I go to the DR a couple of times and talk to some real sankies, still,

I just don't have that much time or interest in the subject. )

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm sorry were you serious? :paranoid:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Yes, I mean practical research, not theoretical. I have a lot of theoretical research interests though.

Nothing like the real thing up close and personal. You can read all you want about what touching a hot stove feels like but you don't know what it means unless you've touched one. ;)

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Avrora would have us all believe she is not interested. Honey "denial" is NOT a river in Egypt.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002