Santiago 2022: Crime Increasing?

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Sometime ago ; my problem is that I like to live as they say in DR with “YO VIVO CON LA GENTE” which translate I live in the nice neighborhood; So I move in on a rich neighborhood which it was beyond my means ( LOS JARDINES METROPOLITANOS/ santiago ) …. So I got behind on my rents and the rest you can imagine ; I move back to the states where I could live rent free ( sister’s house )

Anyways now am moving back to DR , with a better understanding of my budget ( low budget ) and hope for the best

PS… anyone else here a VETERAN?
So, you're going to live in Piantini? Behind in "your rents", reason for the Impedimente de Salido"?

rey

Jan 2, 2007
So, you're going to live in Piantini?
Yes piantini ,

WE , we are going to live in piantini , ME and my battle buddy ( military ) splitting rent down the middle ; plus I got my myself and extra income besides my pension , I will be doing remote customer service for the VA GI BILL hotline .

So I think this time I will be able to afford it , hopefully ….

Am gonna find me a nice girlfriend and just enjoy myself and the Caribbean weather

Reactions: CristoRey and jd426

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
After reading the thread 2 or 3 times, could Rey be the old chic with a new name and IP address.
Not to disrespect Rey but you sound an awful lot like chic. I thought chic was an absolute hilarious and entertaining poster here.
Either way, keep up the good life and keep us informed

Reactions: CristoRey

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
After reading the thread 2 or 3 times, could Rey be the old chic with a new name and IP address.
Not to disrespect Rey but you sound an awful lot like chic. I thought chic was an absolute hilarious and entertaining poster here.
Either way, keep up the good life and keep us informed

Now that you mention it ..... 🤣🤣🤣🤣

But I recall chic being even more " all over the place " style of writing...... perhaps only in my memory though.

Reactions: melphis

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
yeah I hear also that PN sometimes be in complexity with the police , according to NURIA NEWS
I'm beginning to think this is not a native English speaker.
Perhaps a mom's basement troll looking for attention or some other alterior motive?

rey

Jan 2, 2007
My friends have you NOT being paying attention , I already mention I failed on my first attempt to move to DR , I already explain that my budget didn’t cut it …. But now am trying again years later ….

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
My friends have you NOT being paying attention , I already mention I failed on my first attempt to move to DR , I already explain that my budget didn’t cut it …. But now am trying again years later ….

rey said:
NEVER BEING ON A FORUM DEDICATED TO DR ….

I have a lovely bridge to sell that would compliment your new home.

PS: "PN" and "Police" are the same thing!

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
You know there are cheaper countries ?

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Well never cross the bridges, La Yaguita de Pastor and La otra Banda are not for tourists.

JJ

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Yes or No ,,,, YALL may elaborate Your answers

It seems to me that santiago crime rate / DELICUENCIA in the year 2022 it’s the worst it’s being ever… DO YOU ALL AGREE ?
This year we've been going to Santiago a lot during different times of the day, even at night, and I've been surprised. I honestly thought we would have to be looking over our shoulders. For instance, I thought that monument area would be dark and dangerous, but In the evening there are lots of people relaxing, walking or doing aerobics, families and couples hanging out, taking pictures. Restaurants are also active with lots of people. There are lots of vendors trying to sell you stuff, and people begging, but that's pretty much it.
Having said that, I do agree that crime has increased and that you should always be aware of your surroundings.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
The userame "rey" was created Jan. 2, 2007, 16 years ago as of this coming January.

"Sock Puppet" in hibernation.
He is Legit ...he posts sporadically , perhaps awkward, but he is no sock puppet .. I can sniff them out pretty good , if I do say so myself.
Very few guys know when to properly use the term " Battle buddy"..
He may even be special forces . I highly doubt he came here to DR1 to steal some valor .

thank you for your Service RAY ..

Reactions: JD Jones and rey

rey

Jan 2, 2007
He is Legit ...he posts sporadically , perhaps awkward, but he is no sock puppet .. I can sniff them out pretty good , if I do say so myself.
Very few guys know when to properly use the term " Battle buddy"..
He may even be special forces . I highly doubt he came here to DR1 to steal some valor .

thank you for your Service RAY ..
Thank you JD426

rey

Jan 2, 2007
Rey,

Where in the states are ya’ll from?

I say ya’ll because you mentioned a roommate.
Where someone is from it’s a subject to interpretation, are we from where we grew up or we from here where we at or is it where you going , or even better where your parents roots are from , or if you wanted get historically where your ancestor where taken in slavery by the European conquerors….

BUT the short answer to your question is YONKERS , USA 🇺🇸

Reactions: jd426

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
This year we've been going to Santiago a lot during different times of the day, even at night, and I've been surprised. I honestly thought we would have to be looking over our shoulders. For instance, I thought that monument area would be dark and dangerous, but In the evening there are lots of people relaxing, walking or doing aerobics, families and couples hanging out, taking pictures. Restaurants are also active with lots of people. There are lots of vendors trying to sell you stuff, and people begging, but that's pretty much it.
Having said that, I do agree that crime has increased and that you should always be aware of your surroundings.
Not trying to go off-topic but I think we are going to start seeing a lot less crime in the center of the city in the not too distant future. Abinader is from here and he doesn't want to see this city turn into another Santo Domingo. Lots of good things are being planned and happening across this city as speak.