Santiago affairs update:

Sep 19, 2005
That?s why I only go to Montebar when they have a good band playing there like El Torito or To?o Rosario. When this guys are playing there the minimun you will pay will be 1500 to 1800 per person no ladies free night, so you don?t see than many barrio chopas and chopos there.

that seems high! I have been to Montebar( because i am as chopo as they get) at least 20 times. I have seen Tono, and El Jeffery, and one other big name...but i dont think I ever paid more than 600 pesos per person.

I have been someplace..maybe the strip club where I paid 1000 pesos to get in..and i paid 1000 pesos to see El Torito at Las Vegas night club..

and Tambo..

i dont know whats wrong wit your eyes.....but i dont see any adams apple !!!, but I cant believe those are not contacts.

and as fall as the night life goes in Santiago....there might be a saturation point.....for both the chopo joints as well as the upper end clubs

whats the word on Dolce?

they open back up yet? I had heard they closed for a while...

and what is going on with the drinking hours...is there any limit being enforced in Santiago??

bob

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The beer spot over by PUCMM "Tambora???" seems to be doing well with a much younger crowd.
There is a new restaurant "Pedro" across the street from La Campagna Bakery in Los Jardines...haven't tried it yet.

Michael Camilo is giving a concert here at the end of the month...at the Gran Teatro..

HB

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
Its a bit more complicated than that. If I only wanted to dance with a girl, i wouldn't have to leave my home. I have music and I have decent looking female friends to come over. Now when the boy go out to discos on sunday and stay late at night, drink and sacrifice sweet hours of comfortable sleep; believe me, we are not just doing this for the sake of dancing. dancing is fun but when you are dancing with a classy girls who is all sweet and sexy yet also packs a brain and dresses to impress, it takes pleasure of meeting her to a different level. I often take their numbers and call them on another day to go out. Now if the relationship becomes more interesting and advances to the 2nd base, all the best.
Now here is the deal with barrio zona franca girls:
I met 2 last sunday with my friend. I was sort of playing his wing man, dealing with the friend of the girl he was interested in. keeping her friend from messing up the night for my friend. We met 4 girls on different time and in different sides of the disco. We were able to take 2 with us for a drive later. Now folks, this is not sosua puta scene we are talking about. This is about meeting girls and talking to them, not calling over a hooker to your table.
The next day I had a date with one. Who worked for a zona franca. I almost forgot to call her but she called me in the afternoon to set a up a pick up time. So after work I pick her up from super pola market's main entrance. We go home, I fix her drink, make quick snacks and sandwiches to feed her.
Put on music and all. It was moving my butt from the time I picked her up till we got home to making things for us to eat and all. She sat there like a rock on the sofa. So finally when it was all set and done with, we sat on the sofa and I for the first time I was relaxing. This very same moment she says:
ya me tengo que ir y preparar algo para mis hijos. Yikexxxxxxxx. She wants to go home to attend her 2 kids. She had told me earlier her sister takes care of her kids when she is not home. Turns out, she has 2 kids from 2 different men, one is already 7 yrs old. She is only 25 yrs old. She was never married to either one of them. She told me nothing of this matter of preparing food etc for the kids. i thought we had a date. So I get ****ed off and told her to get up and lets go. I had to take her to the other side of the moon. all chopas live in the furthest parts of santiago where only a donkey cart can go. I was ****ed off and promised to myself never to deal with barrio girls again.
but I didn't learn my lesson well. the next day, girl #2 calls. I told her that I don't want to deal with any of her problems, she would have to do all her stuff first and then call me. i don't want to spend the day chasing up solutions for her problems. She promised everything will be fine and she will stay with me till 6pm, even offered to massage my back. So like a sucker, i agree to meet her. 1:30pm was the time set. She had nothing to do all day so there was no reason for her not to meet me in the entrance of super pola later than set time. I go to see mark from rocky and friends in fridays restaurant to kill time.
So i call the girl to make it 2pm because I wanted to spend more time with friends. she told me she was almost leaving. So she had more time to reach than before. So at 2pm I was at the set place to meet her but there is no sign of the girl. So I call her. she tells me she is almost there.
So i wait again and after a long time, I call her again. she tells me to hold my horses as she is very close. So like a idiot, i wait again.
So finally I called and she tells me she is stuck on the road because the concho taxi has hit another car. So I thought she must be very near so i asked her to tell me where she is so i can go to pick her up. She has no clue where she is. The dummy can't even guess the avenue where she was at. So I told her to put the taxi driver on the phone. Turns out the maldito chopa was miles and miles away from me in the middle of worse barrios of santiago, and the traffic was horrible. It was clear the chopa was sitting home doing her fake puta eyebrows with a pencil and waiting for the clock to go past 2pm. These girls have no sense of responsibility or any care in the world. No wonder they are always in problems. I told her to go to hell (vete a carajo, idiota) and I left.
I have learned my lesson again. I am such a sucker, I never learn from my mistakes. Chopas are full of problems and there is little to gain from them.
AZB

I agree with you on this story, as I also had met chopas in night clubs and bars around Santiago and Santo Domingo. It?s true the part where they want you to solve all their problems on the first date you have with them, they always have 2 or 3 kids from like 2 different guys and they (chopas) happen not to over the age of 25.
Most of them are jobless or don?t have any skills but they want the sucker they meet to support them, treat them to the hair salon, buy them a new cell phone, a pair of pants and if you have a US passport or residence to marry them.

Reactions: Berzin

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Perhaps that look wasn't intense hostility? Perhaps it was........smouldering passion? :)

Lambada you think? We are talking AZB here. Right? I remember a get together I attended about 5 years ago at Eddy's sports bar in Sosua that a young lady's (UBH in AZB speak) smoldering passion quickly turned into intense hostility! :glasses::cheeky::bunny:

NotLurking

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Lambada you think? We are talking AZB here. Right? I remember a get together I attended about 5 years ago at Eddy's sports bar in Sosua that a young lady's (UBH in AZB speak) smoldering passion quickly turned into intense hostility! :glasses::cheeky::bunny:

NotLurking
Oh boy, the nightmare is still not forgotten. Actually that woman came to attack me that night, with a specific plan in mind. Only problem was, she got drunk and lost control. In the end, I had to show her the mirror. She was some dominican york from the streets of bronx. I am sure she may not have done what she did that night only if she hadn't been drinking heavily. I am sure she is a different person now and is probably embarrassed about the incident, looking back in time. I forgive her and I hope she forgives me too.
AZB

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Its a bit more complicated than that. If I only wanted to dance with a girl, i wouldn't have to leave my home. I have music and I have decent looking female friends to come over. Now when the boy go out to discos on sunday and stay late at night, drink and sacrifice sweet hours of comfortable sleep; believe me, we are not just doing this for the sake of dancing. dancing is fun but when you are dancing with a classy girls who is all sweet and sexy yet also packs a brain and dresses to impress, it takes pleasure of meeting her to a different level. I often take their numbers and call them on another day to go out. Now if the relationship becomes more interesting and advances to the 2nd base, all the best.
Now here is the deal with barrio zona franca girls:
I met 2 last sunday with my friend. I was sort of playing his wing man, dealing with the friend of the girl he was interested in. keeping her friend from messing up the night for my friend. We met 4 girls on different time and in different sides of the disco. We were able to take 2 with us for a drive later. Now folks, this is not sosua puta scene we are talking about. This is about meeting girls and talking to them, not calling over a hooker to your table.
The next day I had a date with one. Who worked for a zona franca. I almost forgot to call her but she called me in the afternoon to set a up a pick up time. So after work I pick her up from super pola market's main entrance. We go home, I fix her drink, make quick snacks and sandwiches to feed her.
Put on music and all. It was moving my butt from the time I picked her up till we got home to making things for us to eat and all. She sat there like a rock on the sofa. So finally when it was all set and done with, we sat on the sofa and I for the first time I was relaxing. This very same moment she says:
ya me tengo que ir y preparar algo para mis hijos. Yikexxxxxxxx. She wants to go home to attend her 2 kids. She had told me earlier her sister takes care of her kids when she is not home. Turns out, she has 2 kids from 2 different men, one is already 7 yrs old. She is only 25 yrs old. She was never married to either one of them. She told me nothing of this matter of preparing food etc for the kids. i thought we had a date. So I get ****ed off and told her to get up and lets go. I had to take her to the other side of the moon. all chopas live in the furthest parts of santiago where only a donkey cart can go. I was ****ed off and promised to myself never to deal with barrio girls again.
but I didn't learn my lesson well. the next day, girl #2 calls. I told her that I don't want to deal with any of her problems, she would have to do all her stuff first and then call me. i don't want to spend the day chasing up solutions for her problems. She promised everything will be fine and she will stay with me till 6pm, even offered to massage my back. So like a sucker, i agree to meet her. 1:30pm was the time set. She had nothing to do all day so there was no reason for her not to meet me in the entrance of super pola later than set time. I go to see mark from rocky and friends in fridays restaurant to kill time.
So i call the girl to make it 2pm because I wanted to spend more time with friends. she told me she was almost leaving. So she had more time to reach than before. So at 2pm I was at the set place to meet her but there is no sign of the girl. So I call her. she tells me she is almost there.
So i wait again and after a long time, I call her again. she tells me to hold my horses as she is very close. So like a idiot, i wait again.
So finally I called and she tells me she is stuck on the road because the concho taxi has hit another car. So I thought she must be very near so i asked her to tell me where she is so i can go to pick her up. She has no clue where she is. The dummy can't even guess the avenue where she was at. So I told her to put the taxi driver on the phone. Turns out the maldito chopa was miles and miles away from me in the middle of worse barrios of santiago, and the traffic was horrible. It was clear the chopa was sitting home doing her fake puta eyebrows with a pencil and waiting for the clock to go past 2pm. These girls have no sense of responsibility or any care in the world. No wonder they are always in problems. I told her to go to hell (vete a carajo, idiota) and I left.
I have learned my lesson again. I am such a sucker, I never learn from my mistakes. Chopas are full of problems and there is little to gain from them.
AZB

Hehe, she took you for a ride, I mean don?t you talk with them BEFORE she gets you on those cuentos. Besides such antics any girl could do it, doesn?t have to necesarily be a chopa one.

When I talk to go dancing, I thought you would understand me, I meant pick up girls, be it for a ride to Cabanas or at least get their telephones only looking for fun, nothing else. With that being said, If I am looking for a solid relationship with a educated, family orientated girl the last place I would go to meet her are discos and bars, I would go to universities, meet her by network with friends from I could get references about her, or someplace else.

I live in Santo Domingo and I have a long time that I don?t go to Santiago, looking forward to it, I love las mamotas que estan alla....

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
If I am looking for a solid relationship with a educated, family orientated girl the last place I would go to meet her are discos and bars, I would go to universities, meet her by network with friends from I could get references about her, or someplace else.

I live in Santo Domingo and I have a long time that I don?t go to Santiago, looking forward to it, I love las mamotas que estan alla....

Hahaha, I get you point but we weren't exactly looking for wives in montebar. Just some time to kill and have some cheap thrills. In return I got low down barrio trash. My bad luck.
AZB

tilinmarte

Aug 29, 2007
hey azb!!

Hahaha, I get you point but we weren't exactly looking for wives in montebar. Just some time to kill and have some cheap thrills. In return I got low down barrio trash. My bad luck.
AZB

Azb do you know of any good chat rooms specially for the santiago section. I've been trying to meet a nice girl that is not a chopa from there hahah. But I'm really interested in meeting a nice girl from over there "santiago" let me know of some websites als .I know a couple badoo and tagged and hi5 .It was planning on going down there in december but It seems there's not much goin on down there and I broke up with my girlfriend. The girls from the university are great but it is really hard to meet good ones in a week or two. Shoot some ideas over to me if possible next time i'm down there i'll try ang give you a call -have a few beers...Robert

I'll live close to monte -bar actually aron Ensanche Libertad when i go down there.

thanks

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
You have to keep fishing badoo and tagged.But do not only concentrate on santiago alone. Lots of girls are from santiago but their profile doesn't mention this. majority of the girls on these websites are from santo domingo.
So you must put a good picture of yourself there, even if is altered by photoshop. Once you have them interested, then the looks don't play a major role for some girls. The personality alone and some humor goes a long way. remember, girls don'tgo out with me becasue I am brad pitt look alike. I have a mirror at home so I know what I look like in person. So try to keep them interested and do not jump all over them. Girls like men with slow hands, men who are not so interested in them from the get go.
Badoo and tagged are good. I do well there.
Good luck.
AZB

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I agree with you on this story, as I also had met chopas in night clubs and bars around Santiago and Santo Domingo. It?s true the part where they want you to solve all their problems on the first date you have with them, they always have 2 or 3 kids from like 2 different guys and they (chopas) happen not to over the age of 25.
Most of them are jobless or don?t have any skills but they want the sucker they meet to support them, treat them to the hair salon, buy them a new cell phone, a pair of pants and if you have a US passport or residence to marry them.

...and let's be honest that is probably the only reason why these girls are giving YOU the time of the day. If she was a good looking professional, driving a porsche, etc...do you think you'd have a chance?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
...and let's be honest that is probably the only reason why these girls are giving YOU the time of the day. If she was a good looking professional, driving a porsche, etc...do you think you'd have a chance?

Why does it have to be porsche or mercedes driving girls ? I mean, how many girls in USA you guys see who drive these cars? why not talk about normal girls coming from middle class families? Does it only have to be barrio rats or porsche driving paris hilton that we have to choose from in any country?
No sir, there are plenty of nice girls around who would make you feel proud dating them.
AZB

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Why does it have to be porsche or mercedes driving girls ? I mean, how many girls in USA you guys see who drive these cars? why not talk about normal girls coming from middle class families? Does it only have to be barrio rats or porsche driving paris hilton that we have to choose from in any country?
No sir, there are plenty of nice girls around who would make you feel proud dating them.
AZB

OK...let's say a new Honda CRV...The type of car makes no difference. All I'm saying just like you a girl who has choices and doesn't have to depend on a guy for anything probably won't be paying attention to middle aged guys. Example my younger sister is good looking and a respected doctor making very good money...needs nothing material from a guy. I honestly don't see her with one of you older guys (not saying it couldn't happen), but very unlikely...and definitely not with any "cheap fun and sun" tourist...

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
If she lives in USA (your sister) then probably she will not go out with one of us, middle aged men. Now if she were living in DR believe me she may consider a middle aged man considering the choice she has around. Now the middle aged man has to be presentable, well dressed and sharp in style and in looks. Of course she will not go out with a tourist but she will definitely not pass a doctor with a good reputation and a nice running clinic or maybe a good famous lawyer or a business man. Gold's gym is full of well to do middle aged men with beautiful wives / girlfriends who are no less than models. These girls are not from a cheap barrios either.
AZB

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
If she lives in USA (your sister) then probably she will not go out with one of us, middle aged men. Now if she were living in DR believe me she may consider a middle aged man considering the choice she has around. Now the middle aged man has to be presentable, well dressed and sharp in style and in looks. Of course she will not go out with a tourist but she will definitely not pass a doctor with a good reputation and a nice running clinic or maybe a good famous lawyer or a business man. Gold's gym is full of well to do middle aged men with beautiful wives / girlfriends who are no less than models. These girls are not from a cheap barrios either.
AZB

Yes but they rely on their husband or boyfriend's $$$$$$$$$$. They don't have a profession, I mean a real one.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Yes but they rely on their husband or boyfriend's $$$$$$$$$$. They don't have a profession, I mean a real one.

Not the ones I have dated.

If you live here, have a decent job/business, can communicate, present well, then it's not a problem. The problem is the guy's that have no idea how things work here, dress like tourists, hang out with chopo's and think every Dominican is desperate for a visa and needs money. If and when they finally move out of that social circle, often another world opens up to them.

AZB is on the money as usual...

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Girls probably think that older men are more mature, reliable and responsible. I used to think this way too - big mistake, learned quickly that some people don't get mature, they just get older, bolder, more jaded and cynical.

Sep 19, 2005
Girls probably think that older men are more mature, reliable and responsible. I used to think this way too - big mistake, learned quickly that some people don't get mature, they just get older, bolder, more jaded and cynical.

dammm there goes my secret!

bad bob

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I have talked a good length on bars closing and new businesses opening and the general economy of the city yet everyone is only focusing on girls.
lets talk about other important issues here.
AZB

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
AZB - so why is it happening? Lack of management experience? Wrong locations? The economy in general? Not doing their marketing homework - wrong business??????