Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Classes for kids in Santiago?
Ballet/Tap/Jazz
Tae Kwon Do/Karate
Music lessons
Cooking lessons
Sports....................etc
My son REALLY needs male companions. He is surrounded by women in my house and most of the kids on our street are girls or too old to play with him:ermm:
My 9 yo daughter has enough energy that if we could harness it we would not need an inverter, she needs activities.
My kids are getting restless.
Thanks, also prefer somewhere where you don't have to pay half your monthly salary to become a member.
SHALENA;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Pucmm offers kids Judo at 5 p.m every day of the week. It is about $400 a month, maybe less.
There are ballet classes in town, but girls also practice judo....hint hint..

Oh yeah, the girl i was telling you about works at a clinic for 18,000 a month...Or so I was informed. Sorry. I will continue to ask around..

HB

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Pucmm offers kids Judo at 5 p.m every day of the week. It is about $400 a month, maybe less.
There are ballet classes in town, but girls also practice judo....hint hint..

Oh yeah, the girl i was telling you about works at a clinic for 18,000 a month...Or so I was informed. Sorry. I will continue to ask around..

HB

I'm hoping you mean 400 pesos;);)
SHALENA

DaniJ

Jun 8, 2008
Hello,

Check the Parque Eduardo Leon Jimenez, as they offer classes for youth after-school through the organization PRODECO. There's dance, art and music that I know of (maybe sports as well).

Also, I would look into the activites that are held at the Centro Leon Museum.

There is a baseball school in Santiago... I'll have to check with a friend and get back to you with more details..

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Pesos, yes.

BAseball school in Villa Olga is 200 a week (Pesos, yes) Run by Tito Pe?a, who used to play on my team...it's for kids who are a bit older, however....Kids less than 13 should not apply and completely untrained are sort of shuffled off to one side..

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Hello,

Check the Parque Eduardo Leon Jimenez, as they offer classes for youth after-school through the organization PRODECO. There's dance, art and music that I know of (maybe sports as well).

Also, I would look into the activites that are held at the Centro Leon Museum.

There is a baseball school in Santiago... I'll have to check with a friend and get back to you with more details..

Thank you...do you happene to know where the Parque Eduardo Leon Jimenez is located??
SHALENA

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Pesos, yes.

BAseball school in Villa Olga is 200 a week (Pesos, yes) Run by Tito Pe?a, who used to play on my team...it's for kids who are a bit older, however....Kids less than 13 should not apply and completely untrained are sort of shuffled off to one side..

Thanks....yeah, my son is only 5 years old:ermm:
SHALENA

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Judo for him!! I have two other youngsters that enjoy tumbling around!!

HB

Oh yeah, the park is located, let me see,,,,out on 27 de Febrero just behind the light (turn right at the light) beforeyou get to the L.Leon Jimenes factory...

There is another way, coming from Juan Pablo duarte, you turn at the Banco Agr?cola and at the end of the street it is onyour right.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
Leon Jimenez is close to my house. Their dance classes are pretty hilarious - tons of little girls in black leotards dancing on a basketball court. It's pretty inexpensive though and the kids like it. Dona Norma in La Zurza is more expensive (i think 1200 pesos a month, 3 times a week) and there is a ballet school in Los Jardines that also has a good reputation.
there's a music school on the avenida rafael vidal (correct me if i'm wrong, i think it's state run) that i've also heard good reviews about, but since i think you're still concho-in' it up you might want to check out the Centro de Cultura next to the cathedral in the city (easier to get to on public transit) which i think is also fairly inexpensive - they have art classes and dance classes.