Santiago - Shootout In Broad Daylight

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I watched this video twice. Tried counting the number of shots, too many. This took place yesterday
afternoon. The fact that no one was hit during this incident tells me one thing and one thing only,
them folks can't shoot for shit. Enjoy!

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
No one was hit ?

As far as I can tell the guy in white ( the one that was attacked, the victim ?? ---- not much context in the video), was hit at least once.

Perhaps also the driver of the motorbike.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I wonder if this has anything to do with the other shootout video we saw the other day, in the thread about people being attacked coming out of Santiago airport?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I wonder if this has anything to do with the other shootout video we saw the other day, in the thread about people being attacked coming out of Santiago airport?
Tiss the season. Here's another fine example of robberies/ crime being beyond their control against tourist in transit.

• Wow
Reactions: cavok and AlaPlaya

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Semi-Autos are not as accurate as revolvers.
I think if I was shooting my .38 from those distances I would not miss, but that is easy to say when you are not ducking and running for cover.
In any event the people shooting arms in the street are not law abiders and I would be OK with them bringing back police barricade stops if the sole reason were to search for illegal guns.
They have dogs that are trained to smell weapons, gunpowder or gun oil. Of course if it has been fired recently that is no problem for a Belgian Malinois.
The DR could use a bunch of those dogs

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I call it stealing for Jesus (or by Jesus) with the Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight"

How many shots did that gun have?

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
I think if I was shooting my .38 from those distances I would not miss, but that is easy to say when you are not ducking and running for cover.
In any event the people shooting arms in the street are not law abiders and I would be OK with them bringing back police barricade stops if the sole reason were to search for illegal guns.
They have dogs that are trained to smell weapons, gunpowder or gun oil. Of course if it has been fired recently that is no problem for a Belgian Malinois.
The road blocks would be interesting. They would find quite a variety of things. Oh, 'blazing' in what makes a semi less accurate. Just pumping out a bunch of ammo. I lost count on shots at 37.
(Glocks and Brownings are pretty accurate)

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Carried a Kahr 9 (7+ 1) w/ a red dot for several years.
I used it more than once and never had a problem hitting
a moving target.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Carried a Kahr 9 (7+ 1) w/ a red dot for several years.
I used it more than once and never had a problem hitting
a moving target.
Many are good with semi-autos but revolvers also are inherently more accurate than most semi-automatic pistols because the barrels are affixed to the frame. Most semi-autos have barrels that are in motion during the firing cycle but “locked” into place at the point of firing. No matter how tight the lockup, there is still a small amount of play in the firing cycle.

Reactions: cavok