Santiago through Chip's Lens

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
I enjoyed your pics

Yes I cetainly enjoyed your pics. Please keep on posting here or in the media gallery. I love seeing different shots of the DR.

:cheeky:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
To all, sorry I haven't been posting pictures lately, it's just that I have some new work projects that I have to take care of first. The good thing is that I will be able to buy a nice camera phone and take pictures on my diligencias in town.

Also, I met a friend of the family who is visiting from NY and he took something like 1000 fotos, which will be posting and I will try to link them up here.

GillianHanks

Sep 17, 2007
Hi Chip, I am new to this forum stuff but hope that you can help me. Eight of us siblings and our spouses are being treated to a family reunion in Puerto Plata at the end of Jan 2008. We are all rocking senior citizens therefore are careful with our cash. I can find airline deals going into Santiago (JetBlue) but nothing economical going to PP. How far is in from Santiago to PP and what kind of safe, ecomomical transportation do you suggest? Thanks for your input.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Hi Chip, I am new to this forum stuff but hope that you can help me. Eight of us siblings and our spouses are being treated to a family reunion in Puerto Plata at the end of Jan 2008. We are all rocking senior citizens therefore are careful with our cash. I can find airline deals going into Santiago (JetBlue) but nothing economical going to PP. How far is in from Santiago to PP and what kind of safe, ecomomical transportation do you suggest? Thanks for your input.

There are taxi services and buses that will take you safely from Santiago to PP. You're best bet is to do a search of this forum or start a new thread under "general" asking for everybodies opinion, that way you will get the maximum exposure.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006

here is the link to metro bus which is a very reputable transport route that goes all over the island maybe you can call them and arrange? or there are also other taxi services that can provide you with a couple of minivans....???

Metro Servicios Turisticos

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
The view from my house of the "Monument"....

7x0dctw.jpg

PS:
The "Monument" is 3-4 kilometers away....
My security camera has a super zoom mode to it!

Actual picture on monitor was full size and clearer.
I could actually watch people walking around the monument and see the 3 flags in color blowing in the wind.

Anyone know of a VERY GOOD capture device for the PC that will do full size and not just the 320x240 or 640x480?

Kat1144

Nov 23, 2007
Chip, thanks for sharing these pics. You really seem to have a difficult life in DR. Golf, XBox, post on DR1. =) Life is full of hard decisions!
Keep those pics coming

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
To all

I planned on getting a nice phone camera when I was back in the States but was a little short on cash. I'll be going back in February/March and should be able to get one then. I have a digital camera but am a little uneasy using it as people will immediately sart looking and will peg me as a foreigner/tourist and I prefer to go around more or less incognito here in Santiago. So in the meantime, please help yourself to posting pictures.