Santiago to Santo Domingo

misterE1984

Nov 29, 2022
Uk
Does anyone happen to know the times of these buses on a Saturday, either Caribe Tours or Metro? Or how long the bus should take? I need to make the bavaro Express to Punta Cana at 4pm. I'll possibly be able to check at the offices in Puerto Plata when I'm there in a few days.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
They have their times on their respective websites

misterE1984

Nov 29, 2022
Uk
So strange. I've checked the caribe site many times and the timetable has never worked for me. Even now, I can find Santo Domingo to Cruce Guayacanes but not the other way around. Are you able to view Cruce Guayacanes to Santo Domingo?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
So strange. I've checked the caribe site many times and the timetable has never worked for me. Even now, I can find Santo Domingo to Cruce Guayacanes but not the other way around. Are you able to view Cruce Guayacanes to Santo Domingo?

It may not stop at Cruce de Guyacanes going that way. Only stops on the way back.

As an example, I can do Santo Domingo to Imbert.
But I cant do Imbert to Santo Domingo ( or Santiago ) .

rey

Jan 2, 2007
The good thing about taking the buses according to my Dominican friend it’s the the POLICE won’t stop you at a checkpoint to blackmailed you for money …

I hear if you don’t give them money they can make it a bad day for you ( NOT sure how , but that’s what he said )

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The good thing about taking the buses according to my Dominican friend it’s the the POLICE won’t stop you at a checkpoint to blackmailed you for money …

I hear if you don’t give them money they can make it a bad day for you ( NOT sure how , but that’s what he said )
Your friend is being dramatic.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

I have been driving in the DR for 20 years , all over the country. Normally I get waved through checkpoints, but on the times, I have been stopped they ask for ID, where you came from, where you are going and why. Have a nice day. I have never been asked for money. I have been asked for water to drink.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I have been driving in the DR for 20 years , all over the country. Normally I get waved through checkpoints, but on the times, I have been stopped they ask for ID, where you came from, where you are going and why. Have a nice day. I have never been asked for money. I have been asked for water to drink.

We’ve never been asked DIRECTLY for money. But we’ve heard they were hungry because they had no breakfast, that it’s their birthday and they were trying to buy a bottle of rum to celebrate, etc etc. Now this could be because Mr AE is Dominican, maybe they don’t ask gringos. Sometimes they look at him and first thing they ask is if he’s military (he’s got a stern face), when he says no then they either say have a nice day or start their appeal. He always gives them something but they get a brief lecture too. 😂

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Same here, but for more than twice as many years.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
I've been stopped many times at check points. Guys hungry because of no breakfast is a classic, even 0300 PM i give them a few Palitos. Water as well I usually have a spare bottle. MOPC on the road do a decent job backed me up a couple of times when I had a flat tire, those guys never asked for money.

Reactions: bob saunders

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I've been stopped many times at check points. Guys hungry because of no breakfast is a classic, even 0300 PM i give them a few Palitos. Water as well I usually have a spare bottle. MOPC on the road do a decent job backed me up a couple of times when I had a flat tire, those guys never asked for money.
MOPC guys are unsung Heros.