Santo Domingo Airport

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
I want to know how is the bus transportation from the airport in Santo Domingo to the city center right around Parque Independencia ???

I would like to avoid the 1,000 to 1,500 peso cab ride I'm being quoted if possible.

I MAY be arriving at night like about 8:30 P.M.

Also do you need to take a taxi to get to the bus once in the airport ???

Thanks
So how did you get from SDQ to Parque Independencia?
Once you get past the two to three Km to the west bound side of Autopista Las Americas, either on foot or taxi, you look for a place where buses are stopping. Then walk up to the guy who looks like he is in charge and say, "Guagua para Parque Independencia." Then wait until he tells you to get on the bus. It was about 100 pesos about three years ago. I haven't done it since then, because my wife made promise to quit, but that worked during daylight hours. I might be afraid to do it at night. As Mm530 says uber is cheap. Before the agreement between Uber and LRD that I read about recently it was under 1000 pesos to Plaza Luperon, if you waited for the price, and that's practically all the way through town.
Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that transportation hub is at Parque Enriquillo not Independencia.

Reactions: Grampa

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I've always been picked on the airport upper deck by Uber. I've never had a problem.
Me too. Never have had an issue either. I'm a little surprised the taxistas haven't figured that out yet.

I was referring to the suggestion of humping it out to the buses on the main road. The Texaco is a lot closer.

Reactions: RDKNIGHT and Grampa

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Not sure what you mean by hub, but there are lots of bus stations at Parque Enriquillo or within a block or 2. Also, you can easily walk to Zona Colonial from there.

Please. Parque Enriquillo at night is a dangerous part of town. And walking from there to the Zona Colonial, at night, with bags, you'd need to have your head examined. Seriously.

Reactions: Grampa

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
The issue is that Uber doesn't pay drivers well to go to the airport and they can't see the destination until you get into the vehicle and they start the trip. So the driver arrives, realises that you're going to the airport and then says he wants more money or to cancel the trip. You are fine to cancel, but then you have to rebook the trip again and wait for another driver, and usually you are time-critical when going to an airport. It happened to me three times and I vowed never to use Uber to the airport again. Uber is perfect in the city when time isn't so critical, I wouldn't recommend it to the airport or somewhere like Boca Chica.
I never had that problem....

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
the yellow cabs that are right outside the door are very reliable and you know the price before you leave ....they have A/C .....i have used the many times and even when bringing my dog i have had no problem.......if a few dollars are that important .....why go on vacation at all

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
the yellow cabs that are right outside the door are very reliable and you know the price before you leave ....they have A/C .....i have used the many times and even when bringing my dog i have had no problem.......if a few dollars are that important .....why go on vacation at all
I imagine he is saving the few dollars he has for.nighttime entertainment.

Reactions: irishpaddy