Santo Domingo Airport to Sosúa

Status
Not open for further replies.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
No Stevie, the buses from the Toll Road station do Not go to Sosua. Cabrera/RSJ is about it. From there it's Carito or Guagua.

You may be talking about the small bus station which is at the entrance to the Santo Domingo/Samana Highway. This is about 15 minutes from the Airport. You would need to take a taxi, which would probably cost about $12-15usd. From there you can probably pick up a Caribe Express to Sosua. You need to CALL the bus company in SD and ask the questions that you have listed above. They should be able to give you all the information.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
drSix, ignore this information as there is NO bus at the Caribe Tours SD satellite bus depot going to Sosua. You will need to come into town to get either Metro or Caribe Tours to Sosua.

That is why I suggested for this poster to call the bus company and get accurate info.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
No Stevie, the buses from the Toll Road station do Not go to Sosua. Cabrera/RSJ is about it. From there it's Carito or Guagua.

Experts use that bus station to go north coast with stop in Nagua, there is another one close that takes you to Nagua and from there to Puerto Plata.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
North to Nagua

Nagua to RSJ

RSJ to Pto Plata

3 guaguas...........

Unless you are lucky enough to meet the Samana-POP bus en route

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
as a pasajero.... not for dinner

hahaha

Remind me about the time exited by the window.... too crowded to get to the door

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Interestingly not much changed since 2015, as far as I know.... !

We need a clever entrepreneur to come up with a nice clean/AC/modern minibus shuttle service that goes on time and reasonably priced, between SDQ and Punta Cana airports and the north coast - it will make a killing, if the taxi mafia don't kill it first... !?

I did exactly that, and that is exactly what happened.

cruzan1

Sep 12, 2016
Uber works flawlessly from SDQ. The pick up zone is upstairs at departures using the entrance door by JetBlue. Depending on traffic the rate to Caribe Tours main station will be around 800 - 1100 pesos. Much easier and cheaper than dealing with the taxi mafi downstairs. My only advice is to have a sweatshirt handy, the busses are ARTIC COLD. There is an article posted on
www.sosuaone.com about bringing the bus up from SDQ - fairly informative.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Its almost more expensive than the flight ticket... :)

Not even close these days for many flights to POP, unfortunately. The more people you have, the more the savings to use alternate airports. For me the wasted time is a factor, but it will be less expensive for many flights.

rover

Aug 19, 2007
Are the Carribe Tours and Metro Santo Domingo bus stations close to each other like they are in Santiago ?

rover

Aug 19, 2007
Are the Carribe Tours and Metro Santo Domingo bus stations close to each other like they are in Santiago ?

No next to each other but a taxi or Uber would do.

Got a friend first time to the D.R. coming in on an early evening flight.

If all goes well and flight is on time the preferred bus to Sosua for them would be the Metro however their last bus leaves at 7:00 pm which would be cutting things close so if they shoot for the Metro and don't make it in time is the Carribe Tours station within walking distance ? How far apart are they ? Santiago you can walk the 3 blocks.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005

If all goes well and flight is on time the preferred bus to Sosua for them would be the Metro however their last bus leaves at 7:00 pm which would be cutting things close so if they shoot for the Metro and don't make it in time is the Carribe Tours station within walking distance ? How far apart are they ? Santiago you can walk the 3 blocks.

Coming from SDQ airport the taxi would actually drive past the Caribe Tours bus depot to get to Metro. To play it safe maybe have your friend make plans to take Caribe Tours. I will admit the Metro is a much nicer bus. What time does your friend's flight arrive SDQ?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

It's a lot more than 3 blocks. Caribe Tours is on the corner of Leopoldo Navarro and Metro is behind Plaza Central on Ave. Churchill.

As the crow flies it's about two miles

rover

Aug 19, 2007
@rover, you may want to double check the Metro bus schedule as the 7PM bus only goes as far as Puerto Plata.

http://www.metroserviciosturisticos.com/horarios

You may be SOL as the last Metro to Sosua is 5PM and last Caribe Tours to Sosua is 5:30 PM.

http://www.caribetours.com.do/site/portada/

Thanks everyone. Me bad their getting in at 4:40 p.m.

According to this Carribe Tours website last bus leaves SDQ to Sosua 7:00 p.m.

http://www.caribetours.com.do/index.php/viajes/get_travel

and Metro last bus leaves SDQ to Sosua 5:00 p.m.

http://metroserviciosturisticos.com/index.php/horarios

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Thanks everyone. Me bad their getting in at 4:40 p.m.

According to this Carribe Tours website last bus leaves SDQ to Sosua 7:00 p.m.

http://www.caribetours.com.do/index.php/viajes/get_travel

and Metro last bus leaves SDQ to Sosua 5:00 p.m.

http://metroserviciosturisticos.com/index.php/horarios

Agree with Metro last bus 5PM. I used the interactive Caribe Tours schedule which doesn't list any bus after 5:30PM to Sosua. You used a different schedule and it does indeed show two buses to Sosua after 5:30PM. Maybe make a phone call to Caribe Tours to confirm?

If their flight lands at 4:40 no way will they be able to get the 5:00 PM Metro, no way.

Status
Not open for further replies.