Santo Domingo beltway - bypass finished?

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Want to know if the beltway is completely finished?. Traveling from the east and want to pick up the beltway from Boca Chica / Carr. Mella / Autopista Nordeste.

Is it OK to make a connection at El Naranjo - Autopista Nordeste to use the beltway to get to Autopista Duarte, to avoid the tapóns in Santo Domingo?

Had enough of Santo Domingo traffic, in road parking lots !!!!!!!

Regards,

PJT

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Yes, it is done. Coming from Punta Cana you take the Nagua Hwy a short distance and pick up the beltway. You go straight to Duarte if going to Santiago. Or you can continue on it. I am not sure after Duarte where it goes, as I just used it to go to Santiago from PC. Nice ride with zero traffic.

You pick up Duarte just before the toll booth heading to Santiago.

Reactions: PJT and John Boyter

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Yes, it is done. Coming from Punta Cana you take the Nagua Hwy a short distance and pick up the beltway. You go straight to Duarte if going to Santiago. Or you can continue on it. I am not sure after Duarte where it goes, as I just used it to go to Santiago from PC. Nice ride with zero traffic.

You pick up Duarte just before the toll booth heading to Santiago.
Thanks,

Did google earth search. It showed the beltway intersection as still under construction in El Naranjo at the Nagua/Samana Hwy (Autopista Nordeste) interchange.. Your reply ends doubt. This saves a lot of driving stress.

Regards,

PJT