Santo Domingo East says city sidewalks are for pedestrians, not merchants

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Acera-de-todos-Listin-Diario-1024x738.png

The city government of Santo Domingo East is using mimes to draw attention and raise the population’s awareness that sidewalks are for people walking, not for businesses.

The City Council of Santo Domingo East (ASDE) notified the businesses that irregularly place merchandise on the sidewalks and other spaces on San Vicente de Paúl Avenue that they have 15 days to relocate. The city government says the merchants obstruct free transit and violate the rights of pedestrians.

Franklin Franco Doñe, in charge of public spaces for the ASDE said throughout July, that his office will continue to notify the businesses requesting they find other locations for their wares to recover the sidewalks for pedestrians.

Read more in Spanish:Listin...

[url=https://dr1.com/news/2022/07/13/santo-domingo-east-says-city-sidewalks-are-for-pedestrians-not-merchants/]Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
When was the last time any of you drove down Mendoza? Those side walks have always belonged to the merchants and they will continue to belong to the merchants regardless of what the press release says.

Reactions: JD Jones

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Economic war being waged on the small business person.
In my opinion.
I do not see a problem with sidewalk merchants.
But for those who are challenging others about knowing the location...they need to get out of the place they live and actually see the area with their own eyes before commenting on things they know nothing about.

This move fits with the new image they are created in for Zona Oriental.
I've discussed the changes in other posts. I will not discuss them here again.
And to answer the question of the poster challenging general knowledge of other DR1 posters here:
I drive San Vincente at least once a week to handle my personal affairs.

🗣️ Hmmmmmm...

nothing to ad

Jan 10, 2022
puerto plata
they tried to run the girls off in puerto plata streets selling avocados but still there some times traffic jam people just stop and take foreever buying the wares

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
If DRGOV took as big of an interest in small business as they do in big business they would provide locations for small vendors to sell their wares outside of places where they cause traffic jams.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Do you see an overwhelming amount of vendors taking up pedestrian sidewalk space on SV?
I see many changes in general on EASTSIDE!! all of them for the good.
I am not in charge of zoning, nor do I have any comments about it.
I have no idea what a "overwhelming amount of vendors are"?
The number of vendors in general on the street?
Are you measuring by the amount of square meters they take up on the sidewalk?
Since I am not the one making the complaint...
I refer you to the controlling legal authorities within the article of post #1 of this thread

Which part of SDE do you call home btw?
I call the entire EASTSIDE!! home.
As for exactly where I live I have told you before...I live in a building suitable for residential occupancy.