Santo Domingo ranked last on 'Smartest' city list

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
Harsh? I don't think that is the right word. How about factual? Is there something wrong with their methodology or the fasctors they used? Or is it just that someone told you something similar to saying that your baby is ugly.

These types of rankings are a way for governments and businesses to use the feedback to adjust their actions.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
There are over 1,000,000,000 People in India and not one city was mentioned in the list.

Dumb list.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I'm surprised the DR made the list, at least it shows progress. But after the DR, came Brazil, Bosnia, Bolivia and Venezuela.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
Somebody has to make the "Dumbest Cities" list, so Santo Domingo will be ranked #1 there for sure.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you guys are all filled with venom and negativity. it must be because you do not espeak espanish and live in tourist zones. SD is not last in the ranking of the smartest cities, it's fist in the ranking on the dumbest cities. first, ok? FIRST.

what a bunch of bitter mongers, you.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
That's what I thought - Caracas - in its current state - ranked above Santo Domingo?

well, there are 10 specified criteria, and the scores are a composite of all. therefore, Caracas might suck in certain areas, but overall it gets a better score than Santo Domingo.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
That's what I thought - Caracas - in its current state - ranked above Santo Domingo?

Yes. But the study seems to be focused on things like innovation, infrastructure, etc. I don't know how is Caracas, but things like the countries economy, social unrest might play a minor role in determining the cities rank.

The two Dutch cities in the top 20 are not examples of modern metropoles. But for example Eindhoven has a lot going on if you look at innovation. (Chosen by some international thinktank forum as the smartest region in the world). Santo Domingo as a city has improved a lot over the past 15 years. But that's mainly by building malls, changing facing of old office buildings and think about esthetics when building new ones.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
you guys are all filled with venom and negativity. it must be because you do not espeak espanish and live in tourist zones. SD is not last in the ranking of the smartest cities, it's fist in the ranking on the dumbest cities. first, ok? FIRST.

what a bunch of bitter mongers, you.

LOL! Okay, I misread the article, I skimmed through it.. Now that's not a good thing.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
LOL! That's one way to look at it! Frank, you are a genius! What would be do without you.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.