Satellite Internet Provider

DR_Guy

Feb 17, 2010
Hi all.
I didnt find any recent information, but I only can receive 5M download from Claro and because they are overloaded, I get latency spikes of 1500 to 3000 every so many minutes. Due to COVID, I am working from home and this isnt working.

Does anyone know if a current satellite internet provider in the DR?

Appreciate your help!

Cheers!

Bred

Aug 13, 2006
Satellite internet would be a lot worse that what you have now. And more expensive for the equipment and monthly plans.

Where are you located? You may have other options there from a local provider.

csteinwand

May 11, 2020
Puerto Plata
doesn't help yet, but this is looking to be a good option in the not so distant future.. you can add your email and country and get notified when it becomes available

csteinwand

May 11, 2020
Puerto Plata
Doesn't DISH offer TV & Internet packages ?
last I checked with them they did, but they are always bundled with a telecom company and don't think that would work in the DR. could be wrong.. I had the same issue with Claro at first, it was so slow it was unusable.. Then tried Altice, which was great until I hit the 100GB download cap and they throttled my internet to the point I couldn't use it for anything.
I went back to claro at la sirena in puerto plata, and the lady hooked me up with a 4g prepaid hotspot where I was getting 30 - 40mbs down (was $2400 pesos for the few days I needed it)

DR_Guy

Feb 17, 2010
My problem is latency spikes. I think Claro gets choked with requests and everyone has to queue to get off the island.

william webster

Jan 16, 2009
My provider is MilkyNet..... maybe they just work in my area....

always 25-35 Mbps whatever.... installing a new platform this weekend for more power