Say goodbye to tinted windows in DR.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
BushBaby said:
He/She gets wet! HeHeHeHe.....

Come on Robert, HOW long have you lived here??? WhoEVER heard of an Amet Policeman standing out in the rain stopping traffic? - Grahame.

Hehehehe... very true!!!

jcarn

Jun 28, 2004
Rocky said:
I would like to copy and paste what you wrote for future newbie drivers.
How driving is in this country is a frequently asked question, and you have described it so very well.

i dont mind at all ;)

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
My 2 cents...

Window tint issue blown out of proportion. Only applies to front windshield. As to the morality of obeying the laws here...this place is like the wild wild west. What is the rule on traffic lights. If the light is red...do you stop? Not according to the people behind me. They are blasting away at me with their horns. The rule is to go if you can. It is the unwritten law of the land. That is the way everything is here.

Here, it is less clearly black and white. What you do and what you don't do. Driving black cat is dangerous...but then again...driving in general is dangerous here. Crazy dangerous. Riding a motobike is crazy. A bicycle. walking. It is just a more dangerous place to be near the streets.

And don't expect it to get any better. Accepting it is part of the adaption process for this land.

Window tinting seems like such a small issue when you think about all the craziness in this country.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Thirty years ago, Chirimama would ask me: "and if they all jumped off the roof, would you do that too?"