Scandall's Rant: Buying electronics

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
MrMike said:
Yes, how much do you value your time per hour and how many hours did you spend expiditing your monitor's delivery? (assuming your phone time and transportation costs are negligible, they may not be)

In what I believe will be my last order of computer parts for resale I ordered 1 19" inch monitor, which I hope to take delivery on in the first week of January. I don't know if I plan to sell it or keep it at this point, depends how much I like it, and how much I like whoever wants to buy it. I will probably be asking 600 for it, but will end up letting it go for around 500 because I am such a nice guy.

I value my time greatly. Having to call them twice a day was a pain but took a total of maybe ten minutes out of each day. I am glad I bought the monitor.

Scandall

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Scandall said:
I value my time greatly. Having to call them twice a day was a pain but took a total of maybe ten minutes out of each day. I am glad I bought the monitor.

Scandall

Aha! Now we hear the truth ;) For 10 minutes a day, we have to put up with this ranting.... You don't have a problem - you did not have a problem - You're just spoilt and want your stuff immediately. I declare!

We once had a shipment in customs for 6 months - a big shipment. We knew exactly where it was. We took photos of it every month to catch any possible pilfering. It stayed there because we refused to pay the unfairly assessed fines on top of wrongly calculated duties. We lost our biggest customer because of not being able to deliver. Now, that was a problem. You've got your monitor... can we be done now :classic: Or do you just wanna fight?

Anyway, use any shipper and clearing agent that you like. They are all the same. They all have to deal with Aduana - and rather them than me. Once stuff disappears into the Aduana Big Hole, nobody knows what happens to it. We found our big shipment by walking through 6 or so customs sheds looking and looking and eventually finding it. We still ended up paying. We should just have paid in the first place.