School classes canclled again

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Jut found out sunday night that classes are cancelled here in Navas near El Mamey for a week.Thanks for giving everyone so much time to plan and prepare for this. It seems like thay donlt want anyone to hold down a serious job they have to go to or have educated children.
My question is Is this nationwide or it it just a local thing?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Well today is a holiday so I am thinking the teachers needed to extend it for a little added holiday.
Closing schools has shown to be unpopular and asinine
Chicago is a prime example - I say fire teachers if they don't want to teach. They all got their required shots so what's to fear ?
Because kids are all but immune

Reactions: bob saunders

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
they don thave enough teachers tht want to teach. Too much work
There is a major shortage of certified or properly qualified teachers in public schools. They have been using less qualified "scabs" meanwhile.

Re Cabarete, my concho just said he spoke with a teach up my street and she indicated that they intend to send out a notification via WhatsApp later today that classes will not resume until end January.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
February 1 jives perfectly with the transition to endemic world CV19 narrative. Enough time for Omicron.

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
There is a major shortage of certified or properly qualified teachers in public schools. They have been using less qualified "scabs" meanwhile.

Re Cabarete, my concho just said he spoke with a teach up my street and she indicated that they intend to send out a notification via WhatsApp later today that classes will not resume until end January.
The private schools that I am familiar with in the Sosua area are opening tomorrow

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Most of the scabs are teachers with a degree. Our school will be open tomorrow or until the government tells us no classes.

Reactions: chico bill and habi

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I have a feeling your hiring process. is a bit more sophisticated and strict than the public schools. My kids have been in both private and public.
We have two teachers that aren't qualified teachers; one is an architect and one is a psychologist. The psychologist is an excellent teacher, too bad she will be leaving for the states soon.

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo