SD Gay Nightlife ?????

Apr 8, 2005
Headed to SD with the fellas. Where are the good night spots these days???

See you there.......

THANKS!

:bandit:

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
zona colonial

I know there are a few places in the capital like AIRE. I still havent gone there personally but, I will soon. I need to take all my lesbian friends to DR.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
p1atan0 said:
I know there are a few places in the capital like AIRE. I still havent gone there personally but, I will soon. I need to take all my lesbian friends to DR.

Please pm me when you are coming. I will be in the capital.

Larry

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
You joining their team

Larry said:
Please pm me when you are coming. I will be in the capital. Larry
Or you're optimistic about converting them? Either way, good luck and post your results. :laugh:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
shadInToronto said:
Or you're optimistic about converting them? Either way, good luck and post your results. :laugh:

Neither. I know Platano from the nyc dinners and I want to hang out with the lesbians.

Larry

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
Hey Larry

Long time huh?

Well, I'll be going to DR on August the 20th - 26th unfortunately the girls won't go with me on this trip. I have a wedding to go to at the Jaragua.

Actually I'll be a bit broke since this wedding was a big surprize to me and I wasn't prepared financially to make this trip but....
I was hoping to go to AIRE with a girl who is verrrrry curious perhaps on the next trip I'll have to do that.

To those who don't know me...
I'm a promoter for a Lesbian club named Heaven

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
p1atan0 said:
Long time huh?

Well, I'll be going to DR on August the 20th - 26th unfortunately the girls won't go with me on this trip. I have a wedding to go to at the Jaragua.

Actually I'll be a bit broke since this wedding was a big surprize to me and I wasn't prepared financially to make this trip but....
I was hoping to go to AIRE with a girl who is verrrrry curious perhaps on the next trip I'll have to do that.

To those who don't know me...
I'm a promoter for a Lesbian club named Heaven

It's ok if the lesbians aren't with you Platano, pm me anyway and we can go for a drink :).

Larry

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
to the OP...

check out Jay Dee's and Pheonix bar (get a copy of rough guide..and they are listed there) Havent been to Aiire...but to me it sounds too "something".

I guess it all depends what you are looking for in a club.

I think aiire...cateres to a more mixed crowd...which can definitely be nice. While the other clubs cater to more of the pay for play/tourist crowd. THere are definitely hustlers at all...i am just not sure of the ratio compared to one club to another. I hear that aire is more on the effiminate side...where the other clubs cater to a more masculine clietele.

Cant really say....i dont hang at the clubs much as i have friends outside the capital that i like to chill with.

hope you have a blast!!! and PM me when you get back with a full trip report.

peace
jj

also..feel free to pm me and i can give you some help with other places to go and visit

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
Aire was changed bye Arena, its the new name, in the first floor now is Punto Bar, in the 2nd. Arena Club.

You are right, it's depend what you are looking form, at jay dees there are a lot kind of sankies and if you are unlucky to meet one of them be careful some of them are thieves, they have another name in spanish but sounds very strong for this forum. Sometimes I go there with friends, I dont like to go alone there. Actually I have about 2 months that I dont go out.

Apr 8, 2005
Muchas Gracias!!!!!

You folks are the best...and not a single gay basher! That's why i tell everyone that will listen too me - "Go visit the RD"..Bavaro for the fabulous beaches & relaxation - and SD for the big city culture and excitement. And of course for the peaceful ambience & warm hospitable local people all over the country.

I will surely have a blast! I have been to the RD many times but have never really done the SD gay scene. THis will be a first since i'm traveling with three buddies this time. I do want to visit a good dance club...and perhaps a club with hot, hot strippers!!!

Feel free to email me at ' sankofatravler@aol.com ' if you have any information that you consider to be private in nature.

Peace All !

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Live and let live

sankofatravler said:
Muchas Gracias!!!!!
You folks are the best...and not a single gay basher!
Peace All !

Can anyone offer an opinion on the general attitude of Dominican's towards homosexuality? - Not sankies, we know only greens matter to them.

Last edited:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
AZB said:
Who needs macho looking lesbian dykes when we have real men who are willing to hang in a serious gay bar.

I want to know where the transvestite clubs are.

Alternate Lifestyle Larry

Last edited:

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Pick one team and stick with it

Larry said:
I want to know where the transvestite clubs are.

Alternate Lifestyle Larry
Firstly, hanging out with Gays and Lesbians in SD then with Transvestites. :laugh: :laugh:

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
shadInToronto said:
Can anyone offer an opinion on the general attitude of Dominican's towards homosexuality? - Not sankies, we know only greens matter to them.
The general attitude in the DR is probably similar to that in the US and would run the entire gamut for acceptance to disgust. They probably are more accepting of gay foreigners than of gay Dominicans. I suggest you PM Jrzyguy who has had some firsthand experience.