SDE what it’s the best neighborhood in SDE

rey

Jan 2, 2007
3 questions : which might or might NOT have same 3 answers :

1-What will be the best neighborhood to live in SDE ?

And

2-What it’s the safest neighborhood to live in SDE ?

And

3- what it’s the most expensive neighborhood in SDE ?

Thanks

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I thought you said that you would never cross the bridge to the Eastside? What changed your mind?

Reactions: rey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Shame Vegas is no longer with us.

1. Invivienda
2. Invivienda (nothing on the eastside is safe after dark)
3. There are a few nicer gated apartment complexes around Mega Centro which are newer/ more modern however the area is has crime problems day and night and you would still deal with all of the infrastructure issues like electricity and water cuts.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
3 questions : which might or might NOT have same 3 answers :

1-What will be the best neighborhood to live in SDE ?

And

2-What it’s the safest neighborhood to live in SDE ?

And

3- what it’s the most expensive neighborhood in SDE ?

Thanks
You need to change the Boolean expression here OR may be better than AND. SDE is a cesspool. Even if you found a "prettier" neighborhood like Lucerna, they're all bad. The traffic is disgusting on top of that. The Charles and Mella you will sit in some of the worst traffic of your life. Don't have a heart attack, because you will die on your way to the hospital. That said, I know some nice folks out that way, but this Long Island (as the wealthy doms call it) is the home of some of the most notorious thugs, assassins and drug movers in the country.

rey

Jan 2, 2007
BUT wait wait wait everyone

1. Invivienda
3. There are a few nicer gated apartment complexes around Mega Centro which are newer/ more modern however the area is has crime problems day and night and you would still deal with all of the infrastructure issues like electricity and water cuts.
wait wait wait a SECOND

rey

Jan 2, 2007
BUT wait wait wait everyone

wait wait wait a SECOND
Wait wait wait a second… I just spoke to my cleaning lady about SDE and she saids ALMA ROSA and ENSACHE OZAMA are for the cream
Of the crop neighborhoods

Any opinions about that ?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
You need to change the Boolean expression here OR may be better than AND. SDE is a cesspool. Even if you found a "prettier" neighborhood like Lucerna, they're all bad. The traffic is disgusting on top of that. The Charles and Mella you will sit in some of the worst traffic of your life. Don't have a heart attack, because you will die on your way to the hospital. That said, I know some nice folks out that way, but this Long Island (as the wealthy doms call it) is the home of some of the most notorious thugs, assassins and drug movers in the country.
I lived a few streets behind the Texaco station at Charles y Mendoza fall of 2014. I would not recommend anyone move deep into SDE unless they are fluent in Spanish with a lot of street smarts. That entire side of the Capital is dangerous.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Wait wait wait a second… I just spoke to my cleaning lady about SDE and she saids ALMA ROSA and ENSACHE OZAMA are for the cream
Of the crop neighborhoods

Any opinions about that ?
Maybe if she's coming from Los Minas Sur or La Toronja.

rey

Jan 2, 2007
Ok
I lived a few streets behind the Texaco station at Charles y Mendoza fall of 2014. I would not recommend anyone move deep into SDE unless they are fluent in Spanish with a lot of street smarts. That entire side of the Capital is dangerous.
ok

Say less

I am sold ! SDE it’s the purgatory… funny that’s I was told before moving to DR , but when I mentioned it here on my earlier threads I was being criticized for being paranoid jajaja

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
There is a big difference between living there and going there for something like shopping, etc... I would not live in SDE (my own reasons) but I have no problem going there for various other reasons.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Ok

ok

Say less

I am sold ! SDE it’s the purgatory… funny that’s I was told before moving to DR , but when I mentioned it here on my earlier threads I was being criticized for being paranoid jajaja
All I'm saying is a lot of people aren't built for it. I lived on the eastside for about one year. I never had any real problems down there but looking back on it, knowing what I know now, I consider myself very lucky.

They are plenty of good neighborhoods in this country full of hard working middle class Dominicans. No doubt if you do your homework you'll find one you like.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I have spent considerable time in Los Rosales, Alma Rosa ll, and Los Rosales is relatively safe and quiet, and parts of Alma Rosa are quite nice but safety is relative to what you are used to. My wifes cousin and her husband, both doctors live in Alma Rosa, because it is close to the Trama Unit where they work. They find it very safe in comparison to where they grew up in San Carlos.

Reactions: johne and rey

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003

1. Invivienda
"East side, west side, all around the town"...what nabe in ALL of the DR is safe her dark?

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I find it crazy how people poopoo SDE. It is quite large with good and bad parts. I moved from the Colonial Zone to SDE 5 years ago. I live alone. No boyfriend. No children. I've never had a problem and I walk every morning for at least an hour, usually 2. I walk all around the barrios. Of course I walk with my dogs. I don't know all the names of the areas. I live in Los Molinos - La Francia area.

Facepalm Supreme

Dec 29, 2022
Santo Domingo
😅😅

I think we already went over this in another thread. I'm on mobile right now so I don't feel like typing anything extender but suffice it to say that. SDE is not an area for a foreigner.

It's like moving to the Bronx. People are trying to LEAVE the Bronx, not to get in. All the booty and cheap rent in the world ain't worth it.

Reactions: rey and JD Jones

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
😅😅

I think we already went over this in another thread. I'm on mobile right now so I don't feel like typing anything extender but suffice it to say that. SDE is not an area for a foreigner.

It's like moving to the Bronx. People are trying to LEAVE the Bronx, not to get in. All the booty and cheap rent in the world ain't worth it.
Once again. And I agree with Face. I don't know who or what, one season, one year lol. I moved to DR straight from Morris Heights Bronx. I got to SDE, Hipólito was on his way out. I lived there through 2008. I had tough times and was living in the GHETTO for some time. I also returned for a consulting gig in 2015 for a year. I'm sure there are some who like their own little area, however my experience is, despite finding some quality people here and there, it is a cesspool. At times I had good cash flow in my time there, but a great example of how money can't solve all problems. Idk how Vegas ended up in San Isidro, but also a ghetto. Any crooked Dominican sending laundered money via "Weta you-you" to build a guilded mansion lives in SDE. All the most corrupt, most notorious narco traffickers, sicarios etc, that's where they call home. The traffic is abominable. The Carr. Mella is the worst road in the history of the Earth. The Venezuela and SVdP are filthy. No one likes having their kid called ugly, but that's my experience of over 5 years. I won't be back anytime soon. Take care, brush yo hair!

Reactions: rey and CristoRey

Pikobello

Nov 12, 2020
Santo Domingo
So were do you live now Hijo?
I'm living in SDE since 1996, HEY I"M STILL ALIVE... I know all areas of SDE, when Christo Rey says Invivienda is the top area of SDE, he's wrong. Alma Rosa1 is becoming the Naco of SDE, have everyone of you seen the new Skyline of this District? There is no cheap Apartment anymore.
My first house I've build was in Mirador del Este in 2005, everyone knows it? I have familly in Invivienda and spend a lot of time there, it's the working class who lives there. I've run a colmado in the 90s in Alma Rosa, I was the only Gringo who's buying all Products in the Los Minas Mercado, never somthing bad happend to me. But when I read all of your advice how dangerous and poor SDE for your guys is, defenitly better stay out here, you can't live with Domanicans.

Reactions: Jan and johne

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
So were do you live now Hijo?
I'm living in SDE since 1996, HEY I"M STILL ALIVE... I know all areas of SDE, when Christo Rey says
is the top area of SDE, he's wrong. Alma Rosa1 is becoming the Naco of SDE, have everyone of you seen the new Skyline of this District? There is no cheap Apartment anymore.
My first house I've build was in Mirador del Este in 2005, everyone knows it? I have family in Invivienda and spend a lot of time there, it's the working class who lives there. I've run a colmado in the 90s in Alma Rosa, I was the only Gringo who's buying all Products in the Los Minas Mercado, never somthing bad happend to me. But when I read all of your advice how dangerous and poor SDE for your guys is, definitely better stay out here, you can't live with Domanicans.
The difference between living in SDE in the 90's and living in SDE now is almost indescribable.

I lived in SDE in the 90's and couldn't wait to get out of there.