SDQ-Sosua? Best current way plz

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I took Caribe a few times in the fall. They’re slower.
On the “fast” guagua (RD$550)from SDQ-Sosua, they stop dozens of times that can slow it down as much as an hour. Pedro Brand, Imbert, and all along the way. Plus Santiago and Puerto Plata.
They make stops "dozens of times" now? A friend of mine wanted to get off at Villa Altagracia(just stop on the highway) about a year ago and the driver refused. She had to go all the way to SD and get a bus back.

It's been years since I've been on Caribe Tour, but it only used to stop in Pto. Plata, Santiago, and La Vega on the way to SD.

Reactions: JD Jones

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Flying to SDQ to go to Sosua is definitely faster than those who chose to fly to PUJ to go to Sosua.
Flying to STI or POP seems to be the best option.
Although I know many who fly in to SDQ because of the price difference.
Every time I have looked into flights in/out of PUJ they have been a straight jack.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
They make stops "dozens of times" now? A friend of mine wanted to get off at Villa Altagracia(just stop on the highway) about a year ago and the driver refused. She had to go all the way to SD and get a bus back. It's been years since I've been on Caribe Tour, but it only used to stop in Pto. Plata, Santiago, and La Vega on the way to SD.

They were on some trips I took. More on the SDQ-Sosua trip than vice versa. People were getting off on Lincoln across from Agora, and all the way along.

The last trip I took with Caribe was in January of this year and they made no stops except Santiago and Puerto Plata. Even considering the mess of the detour, I was SDQ-Sosua in 4.5 hours. I couldn’t believe it.

Previous trips in the fall of 2022 were 5.5-6.5 hours due to aforementioned stops. The guagua also broke down in La Vega once.

I went Metro (RD $550) from Sosua to SDQ and back mid February and it was seamless.

Just saying I prefer Metro. But Caribe will get you there too.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Flying to STI or POP seems to be the best option.
Although I know many who fly in to SDQ because of the price difference.
Every time I have looked into flights in/out of PUJ they have been a straight jack.
I can't imagine saving enough to get me to fly to SDQ vs POP or STI. STI is usually much cheaper than to POP. Enough to justify the $80-$90 hour and a half taxi to Sosua IMO.

Reactions: BermudaRum

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
How long did that take?
I'm afraid that I really can't remember because it was about four years ago. I should think getting on for five hours, at a guess.

You have to check the times of busses going from Las Americas to Rio San Juan as there are not so many on that route.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Dominican Shuttles can do charter flights I think. Also worth checking out helicopter options, there is a helipad on the malecon and I think you can do private transfers from there. The guy at Dominican Shuttles speaks good English (I think he's an expat). Just message him and he will take care of you.

Reactions: CristoRey