Searching for a Pug

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
We have a friend who has the sister of our Pug, and he would like to find a black male Pug. They would like a companion for their dog, and also to have one litter of puppies.
We live on the North Coast and there does not seem to be an availability here.
We are all very aware of the animal population and support our local AAAS, and the policy of spay and neuter, so please do not jump all over me for asking.
Once you have been Pugged, it is a done deal and you want another one or two.
Thank anyone who has some positive input!

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
Hi spicedwine...i have 5 pugs...mom, dad and their 3 baby girls..now 2 years old...i could not let them go to a good family cuz..i would miss them too much.
And your right once you been pugged...no turning back.
I have had g.s.d and rotties all my life..they are great great dogs (i still have them for guard duty)
As far as animal population...when i am told that nonsense i always say...controlling population of low life people is more important

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
jelly.jpg

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
That is one of the three baby girls....one black and the other two, cream color...they have super flat face and tons of wrinkles.

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
OMG!!! That is a face!!! Our's is a fawn coloured handsome dude!!! Lots of wrinkles & personality. I too had g.s.d.'s and
an Alaskan Malamute, so always thought I would be a "big" dog person, until I got pugged!!! Thanks for sharing the picture.
Hoping to find a buddy for the little girl!

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Thanks for sharing the photo of your handsome dude! I know my friend has tried a couple of times to have a willing male visit and it just hasn't worked. That is one of the reasons he wants to add a male pug to the family. However I will let him know there is a pretty handsome willing lad on the North Coast!!

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
We realy want him to mate at least 1 time in his life to spread his genes :) he has a duble curl tail wich ups the value of the pug. If you have the family history of your dog and she in heat you can allways pm me. My pugs mother was fawn and his father was black so small chance they wont be black. Good luck.

A lot of people on the street ask me to let him mate with their "chiuauas" wich are a mix of everything and they just add a number. Its a chiuaua nr 4 allmost no real chiuauas here. Lol cant do that:) you have to protect the breed.

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
We realy want him to mate at least 1 time in his life to spread his genes :) he has a duble curl tail wich ups the value of the pug. If you have the family history of your dog and she in heat you can allways pm me. My pugs mother was fawn and his father was black so small chance they wont be black. Good luck.

A lot of people on the street ask me to let him mate with their "chiuauas" wich are a mix of everything and they just add a number. Its a chiuaua nr 4 allmost no real chiuauas here. Lol cant do that:) you have to protect the breed.

Good for you h.concience..protect the breed...this dogs are very special..my black male pug is smart as a poodle...incredible obedient and well behaved...the mom is fawn...and never listen to any thing i have to say. i have the pedigree papers so the puppies came out with double tails and the fawn have good face color and deep wrinkles and folds.
There are a few pugs in d.r. from what i have seen. Your dog is lovely..he is a carbon copy of mine..

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
Offcourse its a shame when you mix dogs , in my country we breed a lot of animals. No sane person would spend money over there when your dog is a mix for example pug + pekinise = streetdogg in our eyes. Here its a different story people go right away saying their dog is this or that a rotweiler with something else is not a rotweiler :)

Your pug is beautifull also the white chest i see :)

Pugs are very hard to teach things :) commands is not a thing my dog likes to do. When he wants something he gives me the comands, looking sad with his big eyes when he wants something. Its a different story with my dogue de bordeaux he follows every command i give him with pride. Pugs are realy stuborn but highly inteligent.

And not to forget photogenetic :)

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Our Pug likes to be asked to do things!!! He is mostly well behaved and knows when his Mom really means no!! The eyes will get you everytime!! Love the big boy too!!! They are a handsome pair! Aren't we all blessed with our furkids!! Thank you both for sharing your photo's!!

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
What kind of things does he do then ? This is my first and only pug :) he can fetch but 3 times and then he is not in the mood anymore and leaves his toy so i can go get it.

Does your pugs also get pugmania ? Meaning when he curles his tail weird and runs some laps acting all crazy for 5 minutes and then its done back to laying around dooing nothing. He does this 1 or 2 times a day.

My other dog i tell him when to eat, pee, attack if ever needed, sit, leave people allone, roll over, get my shoes or newspaper :) he is my 200 pound minion. Only thing i prefer about my pug over my dogue de bordeaux is the slime, pugs luckely dont slime :D look at this

nyhyvaju.jpg

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Totally understand the slime. Had a friend who raised Mastiff's!! Always carry a towel!!
We call the crazy pug run lapping!!!
Seems to me they are just so full of joy and energy they don't know what else to do so they run!!! Makes me laugh everytime!!
He is our first Pug too, but having had dogs all my life, I know one size doesn't fit all!! Pugs are loveable social creatures and can have their feelings hurt very easily. So when he does his I think I just want to bark thing, I say sternly "No Thank you", or that is just bad behaviour, and not acceptable. He is very willing to be loved into good behaviour but not scolded. He was a huge learning experience for us, because he also has grain allergies.. so we learned a lot about Pugs and their stuff. Thanks to a lot of wonderful people who shared with me mostly via FB. Our boy is also a real boy, if you can't see him or hear him, he is probably getting into something he shouldn't!!! lol Most of all we just love him to bits and enjoy his silliness everyday!!