Second Injection In Sosua April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Does anyone have information on the second injection on Tuesday April 6? Will it be better organized or a free for all like the first one? Same hours?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I've been looking for any announcement relating to Wednesday April 7th as that is the date most people have on their vaccination cards who received their first injection on March 6 at Sosua city hall. But alas, I have not seen or heard of anything that would lead me to believe with any certainty that a clinic will be held that day in Sousa. Lots of people are expecting to get their 2nd dose then, so I would not be overly surprised if a clinic is held but I can find no announcement that one *will* take place.

As with the clinic held at city hall last Saturday April 3 any future clinics in Sosua may come as a surprise with knowledge of them being spread by word of mouth by those who learn of them by calling public Health or from someone else who knows someone who knows someone who knows. The only officially announced vaccination clinic in Sosua over Easter scheduled for Sunday April 4 at the Multiuso facility on the the highway did not take place as far as I know.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I've been looking for any announcement relating to Wednesday April 7th as that is the date most people have on their vaccination cards who received their first injection on March 6 at Sosua city hall. But alas, I have not seen or heard of anything that would lead me to believe with any certainty that a clinic will be held that day in Sousa. Lots of people are expecting to get their 2nd dose then, so I would not be overly surprised if a clinic is held but I can find no announcement that one *will* take place.

As with the clinic held at city hall last Saturday April 3 any future clinics in Sosua may come as a surprise with knowledge of them being spread by word of mouth by those who learn of them by calling public Health or from someone else who knows someone who knows someone who knows. The only officially announced vaccination clinic in Sosua over Easter scheduled for Sunday April 4 at the Multiuso facility on the the highway did not take place as far as I know.
Yes, the 7th. Thanks for correcting me.

I guess the question about whether this clinic will be better organized than the list is being answered by the lack of any information.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Last Saturday you still needed to get on the list first. They did tweak the process slightly. They called 12-15 people up at a time to sit in a line of chairs and the nurses just went down the line one after another. Most of the 15 minute post injection wait was taken up waiting for your vaccine record to be filled out. For some reason I do not know, most if not all received a new record card with the old and new dates.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
About 100 people by the time doors opened in POP at 8 AM today by the firehouse for both first and second doses.
At 6:30 AM there were already 13 people there. I was in the second group vaccinated with my second dose and left by 9 AM.
They made hand copies of vaccine information for their records and told me to not lose the card they gave to me.

People were not happy they did not allow entry in the order people showed up.

No need to sit and wait after the second shot.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
We contacted the City Hall this morning and were told it is not certain yet what the plan is. They are in Sosua for several days and moving from location to location. Today they are at the MultiUso. I have the 7th on my card, the administrator here has the 8th hers and it is not yet know when and where either of us will get her 2nd injection.

We were told to call back tomorrow when they expect to have more information regarding whether we will get our injections on the indicated date or another day and where we will get them. I will post whatever I am told.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Ken. Contact Lindsey and see if you can get second jab at her place in Jamao. I'll pick you up and take you early on the 7th. Back before lunch.

Lindsey needs more to do?? Lol. You 2 coordinate and let me know.

Reactions: LindseyKaufman

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Ken. Contact Lindsey and see if you can get second jab at her place in Jamao. I'll pick you up and take you early on the 7th. Back before lunch.

Lindsey needs more to do?? Lol. You 2 coordinate and let me know.
Will take you both.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
It seems that for Sosua it is all being done at the MultiUso this week. They were there yesterday, there today until 3 pm, and again on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, None will be done at the City Hall. Probably wise considering the rain this week.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Unbelievable. I went to the Multiuso, nobody there, just the team. Sat down, got my injection and left

They will be there until 3 pm

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I don't know about Sosua but here in Jarabacoa if you go in the morning there is a long lineup, if you go at 2 pm, just like at the bank there is almost nobody there.

Aug 21, 2007
Here in Jamao, they are finishing up second doses for teachers and school employees. Next week - should more vaccines arrive, they plan on starting the 60 and up group. I know some places were vaccinating 60 and up, previously, but here, no.

I will let you know if the begin vaccinating again next week. Jamao is quick and easy.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
On another thread, I posted that I got my second shot in Los Brazos yesterday. Second shots only. They didn't know when they would start giving shots to those age 60.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
It's probably just another stupid rumour, but I heard today that they were running out of Sinovac shots, so they would be giving the Astro Zeneca one for second timers. This sounds very unlikely to me, but I wonder what would be the effect? I'll find out what, if anything, they try to give me when I go for my second shot on the 20th.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It's probably just another stupid rumour, but I heard today that they were running out of Sinovac shots, so they would be giving the Astro Zeneca one for second timers. This sounds very unlikely to me, but I wonder what would be the effect? I'll find out what, if anything, they try to give me when I go for my second shot on the 20th.

Reactions: drstock

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
What's available now - from Dolores' news
--------------------------------------

The government reported on 5 April that more than 1,187,599 have been vaccinated with a first dose, and of these, 320,898 have already received their second dose of the 7.8 million people targeted to be vaccinated. Medical workers and those 68+ years and older, and those 60+ with co-morbidities were the first to be vaccinated. Also, public school school teachers and all health care workers. Those 18+ accompanying a person of 80+ are included in the first phase priority group. The government is vaccinating elite athletes that need to travel abroad for international competitions. On Sunday, 22 March, the government also began to vaccinate military and police. On 24 March the government began the inoculation drive for the second dose for those already vaccinated in the country.

The government has slowed the pace of vaccinating with the first dose as it awaits new batches of vaccines. The first shipment of Pan American Health Organization-Covax Facility vaccines arrived on 6 April 2021. The 91,200 vials of AstraZeneca vaccine manufactured in South Korea will be used to apply second doses to those who had received the first dose of AstraZeneca vaccine, primarily medical workers.

A shipment of 1 million Chinese Sinovac vaccines arrived on Wednesday, 17 March at Las Americas International Airport but these are primarily for the second dose vaccinations. Another batch of 50,000 Sinopharm vaccines donated by the Chinese government are being used to continue with targeted priority groups, primarily the military and police. The government awaits new batches of vaccine, but no dates for the shipment arrivals have been given. The National Vaccination Plan calls for next vaccinating those 65+ years old who have made appointments through https://www.vacunaterd.gob.do

Reactions: drstock and cavok

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I read somewhere on this board some who had gotten the Astro Zeneca had very recently gotten the Sinovac the second time and were being closely monitored. This was before the new shipment of Astro Zeneca arrived. Everything i have read advises against that.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I was supposed to get my second dose on the 15th, but the doc called me and told me to come in. He said they can give it after 20 days from the first one(?). Maybe they were running low and wanted to make sure I got my second shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.