Second test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beaches1954

Jan 16, 2021
Nj
What has been the experience of those with mild cases of covid... getting a negative result after quarantine? ( so afraid that particles of covid will still test positive even tho they aren’t contagious)

Feb 7, 2007
What has been the experience of those with mild cases of covid... getting a negative result after quarantine? ( so afraid that particles of covid will still test positive even tho they aren’t contagious)

In my country in Europe (and it's pretty much the same for the whole EU) if you have mild case , you are free to stop the quarantine 10 days after the onset of first symptoms (this goes 10 to 14 days depending on the EU country). The exact daily mileage may vary depending on severity of symptoms. Asymptomatic or mild symptoms can stop quarantine 10 days after onset without a need for any additional test, but if symptoms are more severe, the quarantine must continue. The quarantine must continue if you still have fever or troubling cough.

Beaches1954

Jan 16, 2021
Nj
That I know and believe. But here in the dr it’s14 day quarantine and need of a negative test. I’m concerned I’ll be negative because of fire mild BUT show positive😢

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
In my country in Europe (and it's pretty much the same for the whole EU) if you have mild case , you are free to stop the quarantine 10 days after the onset of first symptoms (this goes 10 to 14 days depending on the EU country). The exact daily mileage may vary depending on severity of symptoms. Asymptomatic or mild symptoms can stop quarantine 10 days after onset without a need for any additional test, but if symptoms are more severe, the quarantine must continue. The quarantine must continue if you still have fever or troubling cough.
SIL was quarantined for 14 days in the basement of his house. Went for the test and put him back for another week. Went for the test and still tested positive and told him to come back in 2-3 days for yet another test.At that point told him he was fine (and then explained the medical reasons why he showed false positives.)I'm not qualified to post why but there was a very plausible explanation. This episode was very early on in the pandemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.